jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

Suggestion: Real Name Option

1. greathub profile image76
    greathubposted 7 years ago

How about giving an option to all hubbers that they may display their real names on each hub alongwith their hubpages id.

Those who have ids that are somehow not at all related to their names and who want to display their real names on hubs then this option would be wonderful.

Do You agree?

2. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 7 years ago

You can always start your hub with a by line whenever you want your name on it.

3. Mathi P profile image60
    Mathi Pposted 7 years ago

i like to changing mine real name , are u have idea ?

but i dont deleting this a/c and not like to creating one more .

how will do ?
    Findout first this ..

after , more people come to your point .

4. xtraTiny profile image60
    xtraTinyposted 7 years ago

I think that it may be optional for any hubber; not a mandatory part. smile

5. Whitney05 profile image68
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

I agree with Rochelle, just add "By: John Smith" as your first line before you start the hub.

If you're worried about the summary that shows on the HP searches, you can just create a different summary or just delete that line in the auto summary that will show on searches.

1. Milla Mahno profile image57
      Milla Mahnoposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, why complicate the matters? It's not hard to type in a few words if you want it, you know? smile

6. greathub profile image76
    greathubposted 7 years ago

@ Whitney: All adsense ads are shown by scanning the first paragraph. so e.g. if somebody writes his name in the first para, say, Bruce, then Google Adsense must be stupid enough to place ads about Bruce Lee.

@ Milla Mahno: it won't be complicating matters for us hubbers. Its a problem for programmers ar hubpages and they can definitely solve it. Very easily. The hubpages are getting their 40% so they should not be reluctant to add this feature.

@ xtra Tiny: Yes, thats what i m saying. it should be optional.

Well, name can fit in very easily without cluttering the webpages. Good placement and an elegant font would do the trick.

1. Misha profile image75
      Mishaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I don't think your 40% is enough to pay for the programmer's time needed. And other hubbers don't seem to need that "improvement" big_smile

7. gamergirl profile image61
    gamergirlposted 7 years ago

The easiest option, rather than halting progress and awesomeness in making the actual site and all hubs contained therein make more money and all that, would be to introduce yourself well on your profile.

Every single hub you write, every forum post you write, offers readers the opportunity to look at your profile.  If you really want your real name indexed on google that badly then you've got bigger problems.  I want to be famous because of my writing, not have my writing be famous because of my name.

1. greathub profile image76
      greathubposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Please don't use such "personal attack" remarks!

8. Whitney05 profile image68
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

Another thought is that you should have opted to use your real name as your hubber profile name. That would have solved this problem from the getgo.

I have never heard that Google scans ONLY the first paragraph.