jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

A few questions about ads...

1. Jbern117 profile image79
    Jbern117posted 4 years ago

Hi guys,
       I signed up to Hubpages and adsense a little over a year ago, wrote a few hubs, and never really came back... so one year later, here I am starting back up... and I'm kinda wondering how the ads system works ... just yesterday I signed up for the hubpages ad system ... and with 120 or so views since then, its saying I made $00.01 ... and nothing at all in my Google adsense. what is an "okay" amount of views per hub, and is it usually about a penny per 100 views?
       I want to become more active in hubpages (hopefully more permanently this time around) and would appreciate any advice or help!

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 4 years ago

To learn how the ad system works, follow this link and read the articles that relate to the HubPages Ad program,

Given that you wrote a double handful of Hubs and then left the site for about a year, your results are pretty typical.  When you think about how many other pages exist on the Internet on the same topics you wrote about, there's no reason specifically that anyone would read yours.  You are an unknown writer who wrote some pages and dropped them on the Internet vs educational sites who spend a lot of time and effort to be considered informational authorities and draw traffic.

1. Jbern117 profile image79
      Jbern117posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the post relache! For the most part I was just wondering if the earnings from the views that I had gotten already was indicative of what is normally earned for the same amount of views, as I thought that mine were low compared to what I had heard of others earning; with about 1000 views I have made a total of 9 cents via Adsense and 1 since yesterday after signing up for the huboages ad program (big money, right?)  though from what I am reading, that many views should have brought in at least a dollar or two?

I do realize I am new to this, and am simply on here to try and become a better writer if nothing else, and don't expect to make a living out of it ... Though i am very proud if my penny!

3. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 4 years ago

Certain topics and certain writing approaches can work to maximize earning potential.  Your chosen topics don't strike me as having all that strong an earning potential and the content you've created isn't multi-dimensional, so again, I'd have to say your results seem pretty typical for what you put out there.