jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

How long does it take for updates to show?

1. 0
    daflaposted 9 years ago

Last time, they showed immediately, but the ones I did today haven't showed as updates.

2. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 9 years ago

I'm not quite sure what you are asking.  If you update a hub the changes should appear immediately (or within a few minutes for viewers that are not signed in).

3. 0
    daflaposted 9 years ago

How much of a change do you need to make?  I changed the wording, added a sentence, but they didn't update at all.

Does the browser you use matter?  I've had problems with FF lately and some of the add-ons causing trouble on some sites.

If I'm using the script blocker, would that cause it?  If so, I'll just use IE next time I update.

1. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 9 years ago in reply to this

It doesn't matter how big or small the change is.

We generally develop the site using firefox and then fix any problems we find in the other major browsers.  So, firefox itself probably isn't the problem, but it is hard to say what add-ons might do.

Yes, a script blocker could cause problems.

What I'd recommend would be open the the regular view of your hub in one browser window, and edit it in another.  After any change you make (be sure to save the capsule), you can hit refresh on the regular view and see if changed.

4. stubbs profile image72
    stubbsposted 9 years ago

are you making sure to save each capsule?

I wrote a whole hub last week and i forgot to save it. save after each update for it to show