jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (14 posts)

Daily failures of the HubPages website

  1. 86
    win-winresourcesposted 4 years ago

    Hubpages folks-

    On almost a daily basis when accessing a hub or trying to access the website I either get blocked with dozens of error messages advising the "something went wrong" and notify Hubpages, or the simple HTTP 404 website not found.

    In the former case, it locks my computer requiring a hard restart.  In the latter case, usually an hour will solve the problem.

    This is very disconcerting adn damaging to any open tasks I have running.

    1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
      Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

      I haven't had a problem in a while. Are you sure it's not a computer or Internet access problem?

    2. Maddie Ruud profile image83
      Maddie Ruudposted 4 years ago in reply to this

      Hi there!

      Can you give us some more information about the problem? What browser and operating system are you using? Is there a pattern of when you receive the errors?

      In the meantime, the first thing I'd try is clearing your browser cache. Have you given that a shot?

    3. Cagsil profile image85
      Cagsilposted 4 years ago in reply to this

      I don't run into daily failures on HubPages. Some times there are changes being made that don't require HubPages to shutdown which could interfere with your accessing and it also depends on whether or not your browser is updated.

  2. 86
    win-winresourcesposted 4 years ago

    Hi Unvited-

    Yes, this is specifically on a hub on the Hubpages site.  Further it advises notifying Hubpages in the Forum category.

    Computers and internet work fine elsewhere.


    1. Maddie Ruud profile image83
      Maddie Ruudposted 4 years ago in reply to this


      Did you read my post above? Did you try clearing your cache? And can you please provide us with your operating system and browser information?

  3. 86
    win-winresourcesposted 4 years ago

    Hi Maddie-

    Windows 7 on a 6 month old computer.  Windows Internet Explorer.

  4. 86
    win-winresourcesposted 4 years ago

    Hello Hubpages folks-

    June 30 and got the error messages again "Something went wrong.  Contact Hubpages".  Happened right after I turned on the computer.

    Some improvement this time.  Only a few of the error tabs (instead of the usual dozens)and it did not lock my computer.  Progress I guess.


  5. peeples profile image89
    peeplesposted 4 years ago

    I'm on windows IE7 and have been having this issue all day. Multiple boxes with "something went wrong notify hubpages" have popped up requiring me to close everything. So now I have this going on and the suggestion tool still not working. Looks like IE7 doesn't work too well with HP anymore.

  6. 86
    win-winresourcesposted 4 years ago

    Another failure again on 7/12 around 6:30 p.m. MDT.
    Another failure again on 7/13 around 7:00 p.m. MDT

    At least these failures did not lock up the computer requireing a restart.

    1. Dale Hyde profile image86
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

      While staff is working on this I would suggest switching to a different browser such as Firefox or Chrome and see if that does not eliminate the issue until the problem can be pinned down.  I am using Chrome at the moment and have not had any error messages on HubPages in a six month period.  However, Chrome will crash on its own, lol.  Firefox may be the best solution at this time. It seems to be having the least amount of problems integrating with websites.

  7. Healthy Pursuits profile image88
    Healthy Pursuitsposted 4 years ago

    I use Chrome and haven't had any issues. When I used Firefox, it would occasionally bog down or hang altogether. I'd advise trying Chrome.

  8. Rosie2010 profile image82
    Rosie2010posted 4 years ago

    I use Chrome, and I had gotten "Down for maintenance" twice or thrice.  Second try got me in.

  9. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

    You'll find Internet Explorer is the number one reason for most online errors, on any website.

    Try Chrome.