jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

This hub has been bugging me ever since I've published it

1. mariexotoni profile image90
    mariexotoniposted 4 years ago

http://mariexotoni.hubpages.com/hub/Emb … n-Introver

some people seem to like it- this SHOULD be one of my better hubs, but it is sorely lacking..

Help please- I'm willing to re-write the whole thing.. prefer not to, rather just add..

help, help

1. Bedbugabscond profile image90
      Bedbugabscondposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The first thing I notice is the title. I don't think many people would type that in to a search engine. Maybe add "how to...". I dunno. Also. I kind of like sub headings that split content up and tell me what each section is about. That is my personal preference though, I have no idea if that would help with traffic.

2. self absorbed profile image60
      self absorbedposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I thought this was a great hub.  Maybe try dropping "Embracing Being An" from the title, if that doesn't work you could try putting it in a different category.  I definitely don't think the hub requires a re-write though, I found it very interesting and well-written.

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

Alright, I found too much text so you need to break them up more. Keep paragraphs at a guesstimate of anywhere from 6-8 or 12 lines long. When you write, answer the what, where, who, when, why and how. I had no idea what you were going on about and if nobody understands those terms, well .... I felt that I was taken all over the board and left abandoned with something but no idea what. You have some good tips just need a bit more organization. wink

1. mary615 profile image93
      mary615posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I agree.  I read it and thought it needed some breaking up.  I like to see more paragraphs (text capsules) each with a separate heading.  Otherwise, I think it's pretty good.  I find the subject fasinating; even wrote about the same myself.  I found a good video for mine.

1. mariexotoni profile image90
        mariexotoniposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Okay thank you! Gonna fix it up tomorrow smile

1. mary615 profile image93
          mary615posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Just reread it, and I think it reads a lot better.  Might be fun to add a poll so readers can answer; I think a poll sparks comments.  Like ask:  are you are you an introvert?  Yes or No....
          Just a suggestion:  Look up successful Hubbers, ones that have been here a long time and read their work.  I learn something new each day, but I really learn a lot by reading the "old timers" stuff.

3. fcmosher profile image88
    fcmosherposted 4 years ago

I agree that the title isn't too search-engine-friendly. But you might get some traffic by emphasizing well-known names like Gandhi and Einstein. What phrases might someone type into Google when they were looking for famous introverts like these two?