jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Need Clarity Please

1. bibleguidejo profile image81
    bibleguidejoposted 4 years ago

I am a new hubber and my 2nd hub got unpublished as Overly Promotional. I had posted 2 links, one to my 1st hub and my Email. "Links more than 2 times to a single domain" is how Hub Pages has itself described what is Overly Pro: Then how come my ONLY 2 links became OP. I deleted both links and my hub is back as published, so all is OK now. But I would welcome more clarity for future hubs from me and fellow hubbers. Thank you.

1. Living Well Now profile image79
      Living Well Nowposted 4 years ago in reply to this
    2. Dale Hyde profile image87
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I have viewed both hubs...no Amazon or Ebay capsules on either, so that could not have set off the filter. What does come to my attention is that you said that you posted a link to your email? That may have been what set off the OP bot, the auto-filter. I don't think we can post an email link as that may be considered OP in the eyes of the auto-filter and other "humans." Not sure about that however.

2. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image94
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 4 years ago

Welcome to HubPages!  I can't speak for others (or for HP), but when I've personally flagged hubs for being overly promotional, it can also be the nature of the content (with or without links).  If a hub reads like an infomercial, that (to me) is overly promotional.  It's also my understanding that there's a crackdown on that type of content in general.  I haven't read your hub(s), so I'm just speaking generically. 

Articles (on any site) that are basically ads but are written like news stories can create problems.  On HubPages, if you don't give much info in a hub (you just have teasers and praise something, but no real information) and then readers need to click on a link to get the full details, that can be flagged.

Hope this helps - it's tricky to learn all the ins and outs.  Don't let it discourage you, and again, welcome to the site!

1. Dale Hyde profile image87
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It should be noted that when we, as members flag, a hub for whatever reason, that does not unpublish it. That action only brings it to the attention of a moderator who then has the ability to review the hub in reference to the flag and make the decision to unpublish it for whatever reason(s).

3. bibleguidejo profile image81
    bibleguidejoposted 4 years ago

Thank you all for the replies. I will be more careful in the future.