jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

SUGGESTION: Write Response to Hub Option

1. redwards01 profile image80
    redwards01posted 4 years ago

This idea is very similar to the YouTube video response feature where you can post a response video related to the video you are watching. I was thinking of using this on HubPages were you can ask users to add responses related to your hub or even write responses to hubs you like.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 4 years ago

People have done this already, just by making their own Hub as a response.  No special feature is required for that.

3. redwards01 profile image80
    redwards01posted 4 years ago

If someone writes a response to a hub on their own, it may not be seen by the readers of the original hub. Maybe they can have a section just above the similar posts section which is set up in a similar way. Also, adding responses directly to the hub allows the author to manage the responses he or she receives.

4. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 4 years ago

Most of the Hub authors I know don't allow people who leave comments on their Hubs to leave links to other Hubs (considering it an attempt to spam or get traffic for themselves without asking), so I think that having a more elaborate version of that scenario won't be all that well-received.

5. MickiS profile image94
    MickiSposted 4 years ago

redwards01, thank you for the suggestion. I understand what you are trying to propose. Relache is right in pointing out that we do have a way to accomplish this today: by leaving a comment in the original Hub.

I would add to that, that you can also contact the Hub Author to ask them to link to your response (thereby avoiding the problem of not being able to leave links in comments as that invites spam).

One more thing, is that you authors can use the RSS capsule to link to the responses. The advantage here is that as responses are published/unpublished, the RSS capsule automatically takes care of the problem of links to unpublished Hubs.

As there is a suitable workaround, HubPages probably does not need to invest the engineering time to build it. Just being honest.