jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Having trouble linking Google+ to my hubpages profile

1. howlermunkey profile image93
    howlermunkeyposted 4 years ago

Hello:

I just read the hub on how to link google+ to my hubpages profile, but under my profile, links, I only have facebook and pinterest. Am I looking in the right place? In the hub, did Simone mean to edit my google+ profile or my hubpages profile? Either way I cant find a page where I can add my google+ url (drivin me crazy hahaha), any help appreciated

1. Dale Hyde profile image87
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

What you need to do is simply post a link on your profile page to your Google+ page. So when someone clicks your Google+ link they end up on your profile there. Then on Google+ you need to do the same, post your HP profile link. You can view my profile to see how I have links on my page. You will see I have my Google+ link there.

I assume this is for Google authorship? That is why I did the cross-linking. Makes you look better in search results for sure. smile

This is where i started: https://plus.google.com/authorship and as you follow the instruction there, they will explain what I have to you.

1. howlermunkey profile image93
        howlermunkeyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Aha! Thanks Dale. Now I understand. (That was driving me crazy)

1. Dale Hyde profile image87
          Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hope that helps. I know I went into all of this blind as a bat myself. I had no outside help, lol. So the little things I glean in my travels I try to share. Good luck!

2. yougotme profile image89
      yougotmeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I see that you have now verified your Google Authorship

I checked it using the Rich Snippets Tool. I just noticed that the image you are using in your Google Plus is not a picture of yours. Based on the guidelines I have read, before your photo appears in the SERP, it must be a clear picture of you. smile

2. howlermunkey profile image93
    howlermunkeyposted 4 years ago

AHHH, so that's why the pic doesn't show up, I thought it was because of the "by name" vs my google+ name.Hmm,  Much to think about  thanks for the tip smile

1. yougotme profile image89
      yougotmeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

No problem howlermunkey! Also, to save you from future frustrations, I just want to inform you that it takes about a month before your pic actually shows up in the SERP.

That's what happened on my part. smile

working