jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (18 posts)

June 26th Earnings

1. Isabella Snow profile image87
    Isabella Snowposted 5 years ago

I realize there was a delay in processing June 26th's earnings, but my earnings appear to have now been posted to my account -- and having seen this same situation many times before, I have never seen the amount altered once it's been posted.

Out of curiosity, is anyone else who has had their 26.6.12 earnings posted to their account seeing an approximate 50% reduction (assuming there isn't an obvious reason for it, such as a staggering drop in pageviews on the 25th or 26th)?

Not interested in theories as to why they are 50% less, I've been here 5 years and am familiar with how the site operates in good and bad times. Just want to know if there's a chance the earnings I am seeing are not correct, and might still be adjusted, as I've never seen them change once posted.

Thanks.

1. SimeyC profile image90
      SimeyCposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I was going to ask the same question. My impressions have been pretty good over the last few months, and while my overall traffic is declining (due to niches cooling off) the impressions for the 26th have gone down by 50% too.

I have seen figures updated before when there were glitches in the system so I suspect they may be 'fixed' at some point. It'll be interesting to see what the 27th stats look like....

Isabella Snowposted 5 years ago in reply to this

By impressions I assume you mean earnings?

If yours are about 50% less then I suppose it's a site-wide thing and I won't worry too much about it.

Maybe mine have been readjusted before and I just never noticed.

Thanks, though.

2. rmr profile image87
      rmrposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I've noticed the same thing on numerous occasions. Especially when there has been a delay in reporting. Sometimes they adjust, and sometimes not. I've also noticed that the impressions reported by HP ads are often less than half of those reported by Adsense and Analytics.

You're saying you've noticed an irregular 50% decrease in earnings for no apparent that has never been readjusted?

1. rmr profile image87
          rmrposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Both earnings and impressions. I've had days where HP Ads records, say 150 impressions and equally low earnings, but Adsense reports 350 or more, with a rise in revenue for the same day. When that happens, it's almost never been adjusted. Sometimes, when the initial numbers are posted after a reporting delay, they seem very low and may or may not be adjusted later. That's been my experience, anyway.

Ok, I don't think that's what I'm talking about here. I'm only asking about people whose HP stats for pageviews have no obvious decrease for the 26th, but the earnings are 50% less than what would have been expected.

And that seems to be the case with everyone else who has commented, so I think it's safe to say the HP ad earnings for that day are not ironed out yet.

Thank you everyone for your replies.

3. moonlake profile image87
      moonlakeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

My earnings dropped at least 50% on the 26th. I don't make much on hubpages but I was shocked when I saw this. I can't help but wonder what is going on. I don't believe that will be changed or the amount will come back up. I can tell you one thing hubpages keeps us guessing all the time as to what is going on.

2. Mark Ewbie profile image82
    Mark Ewbieposted 5 years ago

Yeah, 50% for me too.

I'll go turn the gas off and put the sleeping pills away...

3. agvulpes profile image88
    agvulpesposted 5 years ago

Yep just to let you know there is someone else whose earnings for the 26th are approx 50%. The notice is also still there that the 26th earnings are still pending! I'll bet they don't get altered by much if any hmm

4. sabrebIade profile image82
    sabrebIadeposted 5 years ago

Mine were halved, but now they are back to "normal".
    There is still an asterisk there though.

5. Isabella Snow profile image87
    Isabella Snowposted 5 years ago

Mine are fixed now -- guess it was just a glitch. Thanks everyone for your replies!

6. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 5 years ago

With the reduced impressions, did you see an increased CPM?

1. SimeyC profile image90
      SimeyCposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Something still looks wrong. 50% impressions but almost double CPM! Now I'd like normal impressions and double CPM - that would be nice!

7. DeborahNeyens profile image98
    DeborahNeyensposted 5 years ago

I'm glad I'm not the only one. My earnings and impressions were about 1/3 of what they normally are. My CPM was lower than normal, too. But my page views for the day were about the same. I see some of you are now reporting yours have been fixed. That's good to know. I hope mine are, too.

8. DeborahNeyens profile image98
    DeborahNeyensposted 5 years ago

So I just went back and checked. Now my CPM has been adjusted to about double what it was when first posted but the impressions are still the same, about 1/3 the normal amount.

9. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 5 years ago

I'm still seeing the reduced impressions and inflated CPM.  Interestingly, earnings are in the normal range even if the math that made them is wonky.

1. Bedbugabscond profile image89
      Bedbugabscondposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I am seeing the exact same thing Half the impressions with double the CPM, roughly. Since my earnings did not change, I am not going to worry about it.

working