jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

working Wheel, Forum Links and LogIn

1. jacharless profile image78
    jacharlessposted 5 years ago

Howdy-ho Hub Staff,
    Noticed a few days ago that the javascript "working" wheel is constantly visible/script running on hubs, forum loads.

In the forums:
    Logged Out: The onclick handler is not pointing to the comment ID. Loads the default first post. Will not goto when Jump to Last Post is clicked either, says "loading".

Logged In: When choosing Your Posts from the main forum tab, clicking Left Link is now pointing to the default First Post, as well, rather than the last "your post" made. Right link {username) is working fine.

LogIn: Load time on mobile is soo slow. Took nearly 3 minutes to load the login screen @ 8kb. Looks like some kind of other script is trying to load -not sure if its scorecard, askemet or perhaps quantcast.

Happy Hubbin`.
    James

jacharlessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Okay, so about two weeks ago, i posted this, but nada.
      Seems the Forum Link issue goes unresolved.

Just to reiterate:
      When selecting the "your posts" tab, the left link would take you to YOUR last post in that thread.
      It now brings you strictly to the opening paragraph. It used to work and made it easier to jump back into conversations or read replies.

What if I said pretty please?!

1. Matthew Meyer profile image75
        Matthew Meyerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

@jacharles
        We recently changed how the "your" section works based on user suggestion.

It appears you are using an old version of Firefox (3.6).

I would recommend using the latest version of Firefox supported by your operating system.

There are no known issues with load times.
        What mobile browser and OS are you using?
        Can you run a bandwidth test on the mobile device to San Francisco?

Hi Matthew.

Right, am upgrading to Mountain Lion shortly, so will do on the FF upgrade.
          The mobile is a Blackberry Device. Ran a Ping: 439 to 1177ms. Not bad at all.

Right, the Your Section/View, on the Main Forum page & Sub Forum pages, used to take me to my last post. The link to the Post# is no longer there. The link is just pointing to the page itself. From my profile, however, the Post# link is working. In essence I have to scroll through to find my last statement, while using the Main Forum directory. Any chance to restore that link option? If not no worries.

Thanks again!

1. Matthew Meyer profile image75
            Matthew Meyerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

@jacharless
            If you would like, you can suggest a feature change via the following forum:
            http://hubpages.com/forum/37

Thanks Matthew. Done and done.

working