jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

Receiving Status Updates From Hubbers I Am Not Following

1. OldWitchcraft profile image61
    OldWitchcraftposted 4 years ago

I have checked the FAQs and the settings for a fix, but I am receiving status updates, mainly "Shares" from hubbers who are not in my follow list.

It looks like a glitch, so I thought someone should know.

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Do you mean in your activity stream?  One of the filters you can select is for your followers (i.e. not people you follow but people who follow you).  Check to see whether you have that one checked, that may be your problem.

OldWitchcraftposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you!  I will check.  The problem seems to have stopped.  Maybe after I changed a setting, it just took a while for the system to catch up.

Thanks for your reply!

I'm wrong.  It's still happening. I'm getting shares from a particular Hubber I am not following.  I was once following this hubber and it seems like when I unfollowed, something glitched.  I am getting "shares" from this person, but not other types of updates.

I am still receiving shares from someone I am not following.  Also, nothing is showing up in my feed now... Yes, I checked the settings... I am not getting my own published hub showing up, comments I make, etc. The feed is at a complete standstill except for updates from someone I am not following.

Do they have a way of reporting a bug like this?  Do you suppose anyone bothers to read what's in the forum who has the ability to fix it?

Is there someplace to go to report an issue?

Thanks!

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
              Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Just checking, are you sure you checked all the settings?  I was surprised at the number of different sections there were, personally.  Make absolutely sure you've unchecked the box for "followers", i.e. people who are following you. 

If that's unticked, then try reposting here with a more accurate title, e.g. "receiving status updates even though all options unchecked".

2. relache profile image89
    relacheposted 4 years ago

The first thing to remember when you change settings in the feed is that those changes only effect activity going forward.  Making a change will not change what you are seeing on the feed in that moment, ie. erase entries that are already there.

Also make sure you aren't following a topic, as that will deliver anything that happens under that entire topic.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I understand that.  For 2 days, at least, I've been getting updates from someone I'm not following in the form of "shares."  They're, also, in topics I'm not following. 

I have not  made any changes to the feed settings in a couple of days.

I'm guessing that they are working on something to do with the feed and this has caused a glitch. Maybe it will get fixed when they finish the project.  It's not a big deal, I guess.

working