jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

It's official - the British weather this summer is mad!

1. CMHypno profile image89
    CMHypnoposted 4 years ago

Considering it is such a small country, it is surely madness that down here in Greater London yesterday it was 28c and sunny and an hour up the road in the Midlands there was 1 inch of rain in an hour, thunder, lightening and hailstones.

And when are we going to get more than one good day in a row?  It's back to 15c and clouds this morning?

Please can we have a stretch of sunny, settled weather! smile

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article … storm.html

2. 2uesday profile image87
    2uesdayposted 4 years ago

I think that may be why the British are so good at making raincoats and umbrellas. roll

This year we end up with a change in the weather in the time it takes to brew a
    pot of tea or pour a glass of Pimms. It just is not cricket, smile our weather is not at all considerate.

1. CMHypno profile image89
      CMHypnoposted 4 years ago in reply to this

On my walk to work going down the hill it was cold, wet and windy and I was glad I had a thick hoodie and scarf on, walking up the other side the sun came out, the wind dropped and I was boiling.  I definitely vote for the sunny side of the hill! smile

3. raymondphilippe profile image83
    raymondphilippeposted 4 years ago

We just came home from a vacation in the peak district. I always considered our country (the Netherlands) to have the worst weather possible. Unfortunately England proved us wrong. ;-)

If any of you British want to play it safe weather wise, why not consider visiting our sunny country. (just kidding)

1. WriteAngled profile image91
      WriteAngledposted 4 years ago in reply to this

When I had to travel round Europe for work quite a bit, I very often found that when the train crossed from The Netherlands to Belgium, the weather changed from sunny to rainy!

My theory is that is why the Belgians have such excellent beer and waffles. They need something to cheer them up because the weather is foul so often smile

1. 2uesday profile image87
        2uesdayposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I guess one day someone there stayed indoors because of the awful weather and discovered the perfect way to make the most delicious and mood enhancing chocolate.

4. kerryg profile image88
    kerrygposted 4 years ago

I have a friend in Leicestershire who tells me they got a tornado and golf ball sized hail!

5. pythian2 profile image70
    pythian2posted 4 years ago

We plan on a holiday in the Lake District where the weather is unpredictable. This is the worst spring and beginning of summer I've seen. Some days this month it's felt like November.