jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Why do I need to setup a Paypal account?

1. Ian Douglas profile image61
    Ian Douglasposted 4 years ago

I'm broke.  I need to make money.  Why can't I just setup direct deposit to my bank account or credit card?  I don't plan on shopping online with the PayPal account and (more importantly) I don't want to pay their fees for something I won't be using other than to receive money.  Thank you!

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

Welcome to HubPages and the Forums. smile

HubPages doesn't make direct bank deposits for making payments. They use Paypal for the HubPages Ads Program and it's revenue sources.

You can connect a Paypal account to your bank account. So, setup up a free Paypal account(at least it should be free, but as of recently I learned they are charging some people outside of the U.S. to open an account).

If you don't want to do what is required to get paid, then you will not get paid.

The choice is up to you.

3. Ian Douglas profile image61

Thank you for your response.  So, what if I didn't use the Hubpage Ad Program?  Could I just setup Google Ad Sense and get paid that way?  You don't need Paypal for that, right?  Won't they just send the checks thru the mail?

1. Cagsil profile image60
      Cagsilposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You're welcome. wink
      Then you are not required to have a paypal account.
      Yes. You can have it directly deposited in your bank account through Google.
      Correct.
      Yes, if you want they will send you a check in the mail. You can adjust the setting as you so choose from the available options in your setup of Google account settings.

2. WriteAngled profile image92
      WriteAngledposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You need to take into consideration the fact that most people here have reported earning more with HP Ads than just with Adsense.

Secondly, payout for Adsense is $100, while payout for HP Ads is $50.

Dig around the forums and you will see that some people take a year or more to reach first payout on Adsense if relying on hubs alone.

Either way, you will most likely need to wait months before making any sort of income.

4. Ian Douglas profile image61

Thank you, both, very much for getting back to me.  @ WriteAngled-  I see the pros and cons of just having Ad Sense verses HP Ad Program and I believe I'll join HP in the near future.  But for now, I'm gonna stick with Ad Sense.  Again, thanks you too for the help. Cheers!

5. Nouveau Skeptic profile image78
    Nouveau Skepticposted 4 years ago

I am not sure what the down side of paypal really is.  It is a service you can use to receive money and put it in your bank account.

You receive in your account the exact amount they send, nothing is deducted. A personal account has no fees.

1. Ian Douglas profile image61
      Ian Douglasposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'm completely broke.  I have exactly zero dollars in my account.  When I tried to setup Paypal they denied me for some reason.  All in all, it was just easier to solely use Google AdSense.

working