jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Keyword Help!

1. NC4Life078 profile image83
    NC4Life078posted 4 years ago

I must not be grasping "Key Words" I had used google adwords to choose the best title and put in tags that were relevent to the subject (Differen't ways it could be searched). For all 7 of my Hubs I have only recieved 9 views from google (355 total). I had just started backlinking to increase my position on google, yet, I don't believe it has helped. Is it my material that is affecting me or just the tags?

2. Dame Scribe profile image59
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

Welcome to HubPages smile First of all, you are only 5 days old on HP. Give yourself a break and don't be so hard on yourself. Also, there's no such thing as a overnight sensation. We all started in the same place. Traffic takes time to build. Continue with the joining sites and build awareness of your HP site. You've got good articles.

NC4Life078posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for your advice. I'm always hard on myself for I strive for excellence, and 120 hours is plenty to learn a new subject. Moral of the story, I feel as if I have no one to blame but myself. I'm glad you enjoyed my articles!

3. cryptid profile image92
    cryptidposted 4 years ago

NC: One of your problems is that your titles are way too common and thus have a ton of competition.  First instance, you have one Hub called simply "Bike Trip".  Google coughs up 326 million results for that keyword phrase, and an allintitle: search turns up 365,000 other pages with those words in the title.  You're going to have trouble getting traffic for those keywords.  Read up on long-tail keywords and how to pick phrases that have less competition. 

Also, what Dame Scribe said.  Don't be so hard on yourself. It's a learning process. smile

NC4Life078posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you! I guess I miss understood the concept. I figured that since more people search for those key words that it would be better. and if I made it specific it would be searched for less. But, I am reading about "long tail keywords" which was great advice.

4. timmathisen profile image89
    timmathisenposted 4 years ago

NC: After learning about long-tail keywords, you might want to try the Keyword Researcher -- http://keywordresearcher.org/free/

This tool is really cool for finding long-tail keywords.