jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

SUGGESTION: Notify of Broken Links in Hubber Profile Page

1. Sally's Trove profile image98
    Sally's Troveposted 4 years ago

A great HP feature is that we're notified on our account page of broken links in hubs (the black triangle with a white exclamation point in the center).

It seems there's no such notification about broken links in the hubber profile page.

Only today did I realize that two links I had in my profile page were broken, and that they've been broken for some time.

I admit it's been a while since I edited my profile page, but HP's flagging broken links on a profile page would be a good help for keeping profile info up-to-date (lots of us link heavily on that page).

2. Sally's Trove profile image98
    Sally's Troveposted 4 years ago

Bump...Am I the only one who wasn't paying attention to broken links in profiles?

3. MickiS profile image95
    MickiSposted 4 years ago

Sally, we're about to greatly change the way that we handle links in User Profiles. As you will see next week when we unveil the new User Profile page on our Staff's profiles. Here's the background:

In reading through loads and loads and loads of user bios, we noticed that all of the links users put in the bios were: 1) the Hubs they want to feature 2) links to follow them on social media such as twitter or Facebook or 3) links to their own external sites or blogs.

So, the new user profile we're about to preview does not all links in the bio because:
    1) it will contain a 'Featured Hubs' carousel that allows you to feature your favorite or best Hubs
    2) you can enter links to your social media sites and an external site and these will appear at the top right corner

So you will no longer have to put links in your profile and ensure they aren't broken.

If you want to see what the new user profile is going to look like, Simone previewed it in a Blog post on May 15th:

1. Sally's Trove profile image98
      Sally's Troveposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, Micki.

2. KevinTimothy profile image87
      KevinTimothyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the info.  I can seriously dig the change!