How To Hub
Pick a topic, any topic
4 rules for a great Hub title
1. clearly describe the contents of your Hub, as specifically as possible
2. be as short as possible. Google cuts off titles at 60 characters (including spaces), so make sure you communicate the contents of your Hub in 60 characters or less.
3. not include unnecessary words (like your name, random meaningless words, etc)
4. NOT ALL CAPS. THIS IS THE ONLINE VERSION OF SCREAMING AND SEEMS AGGRESSIVE. PEOPLE DON'T LIKE IT.
Source: HubPages HQ
Naming Your Hub
Getting a cut of other peoples pageviews
AKA Referrals or Tracker ID's
The system is unique. In that it rewards you. And in turn you are rewarding the Hubpage author by sending them traffic. How it works and how it benefits you is too much to explain in just one capsule, so I've dedicated an entire hub to it: How HubPage Tracking Works
There are four ways to directly make money from HubPages...
1) Adsense. Adsense is a contextual pay per click advertising program. What that means is the ads that are served (shown) on your site are automatically in context to the content of your site. And you get paid for each click. The amount paid depends on how popular the keyword/s is and what advertisers bid for it. Of course that's the short story. It's a lot more complicated then that but Google have made it simple enough to implement and HubPages have made it even easier. If you don't already have an Adsense account you can do it through HubPages after you register a HubPages account.
2) Amazon. Amazon is a good way to monetize your site by choosing products (books, DVD's and others) that are complementary to your content.
3) Ebay. It works the same way as Amazon. But instead of brand new products most of them will be second hand. Which also means you get to choose some rare, out-of-print and other hard to find goodies.
4) Affiliate links. Provided you don't go overboard a few select referral links will give you the opportunity to generate some sales.
Important to note though, revenue streams 1, 2 and 3 described above has a pageview split with you the Hub Author getting 60% of the pageviews.
The other 40% HubPages splits further, but without going into too much detail (more information on that will be in the soon to be published on Tracking/Referrals) HubPages derives it's own income from part of that 40%. That's how HubPages can afford to stay in business and provide us with these fantastic tools and platform in which to publish our articles. All for free.
How much money you can earn depends on how good (original and unique) your content is, how well you integrate the affiliate products, and how much traffic you can drive to your hubs. There are no guarantees for success, but if you work smarter and you're willing to learn you can make money while you're sleeping from this excellent residual income stream.
Find out more about Hubpages
More by this Author
Metaphorically speaking, they are the tools in your toolbox. They are building blocks. You pick and choose the ones you need to build the hub you want. There are two types of capsules: Content Capsules Text...
All this information is available around HubPages, in the FAQ or in some cases discussed further in the forum. But rather than send you off on a wild goose chase to find it all I've collated the information to present...
You may not consider your neck the most important body part to concentrate on in the gym, but you have at least three important reasons to work it. 1) your neck muscles are responsible for your head movements, 2)...