tips for raising your hubscore?
The purpose of this hub is to give the reader a idea of what I do to try and raise my hubscore.
This is not guaranteed to work, but it will not hurt.
It applies to anyone who uses hubpages.
Write long original hubs.
This is something that is easier said than done, but if you will focus on writing hubs that have over 800 word and have all original content, I think it will raise your hubscore.
I have about 40 hubs that do not meet this criteria so I have learned this lesson the hard way.
On a positive note, that is why they made the edit button, you can go back into any hub and add content to it until it reaches my 800 word limit,
I am doing this now, I am gonna stop writing hubs and I am going to go back into all my hubs and make them at least 800 words in length, they also will be original content.
I have to say that it is much easier to do it right the first time than to go back and re-write or add content to things.
Why is it easier the first time
- Things may have changed since you wrote tha article
- that is a good reason to update a hub.....think about it.
- You may have lost your train of thought.
- You may have trouble recalling events
- Do it right the first time - it is easier on you
Don't get upset if your hubscore goes down.
I have had a few people who really have gotten upset that their hubscore went down.
Mine goes up and down quite often, it is no big deal if it drops a few points.
If you will do the things I am asking in this hub it will go back up and quickly.
Be nice to your readers and fellow writers.
If someone has taken the time to read your hub and they leave you a comment, in my opinion, whether you agree or disagree with it, you should be nice and respond to it in your comments.
It lets your readers know that you really care about them and what they have to say and also that you can be open minded to things.
Even if you don't agree with whatever their comment is they have a right to their personal feelings.
If you want to lose readers then argue with them
It does not matter who is right,arguing will cost you readers.
Keep in mind that it was your hub that stimulated them to make a comment.
You can always agree to dis-agree, there is no need for arguing in your hubs.
It is the simple things that make a big difference in your hubscore
- It is common courtesy to return copliments
- Always follow people who follow you
- Always leave fan mail telling why you like the writer
- Always respond to every comment or question
- If someone asks you something you don't know the answer-direct them to the help button
- Don't leave your readers hanging.
Use the forum
The forum is there so use it, you can learn just about anything you need in the forums.
- All the information about everything on hubpages is in the forum.
- Ask questions, when people respond, you respond.
- Answer un aswered questions in the forum if you know the answer.
- Be - pro active in the forum
Work together with other hubbers
- This is something I really need to improve on.
- If there are people who are always comment on your hubs and re-tweeting your links on twitter, then that person is someone you need to be promoting.
- They are promoting you
- Give them links from your hubs
- Ask your friends to add them on Twitter and other social media sites.
- Always read and coment on their hubs.
- ask them questions
- work together to help one another.
I would like to ask you all now to add a few people who have really helped me on Hubpages.
They are in no particular order, not my referrals except one (nickels-and-sense), just good hubbers and people.
I a certain that they would be happy to help you anyway they can,as they have done for me.
Mentalist acer - very unique & awesome images & gr8 writer
Sunshine625 - great personality - very active - promotes well
The Frog Prince - Awesome hubber
Kimberly D. King - wrote a beautiful heart touching tribute to her father, she is a great writer and honest and fair.
Nickles-and-Sense - A published author who has written 57 hubs in 7 days. WOW
Phil Plasma - Very active, freindly and writes great
Arlene V Poma - love her writing and personality
J.S Matthew - cool guy - hubpages elite
Add all the hubbers above it will benefit you.
If you write alot you may want to invest in some voice recognition software to help you with your writing.
If you are like me and a new writer it may benefit you to buy some software.you just talk and it does the writing or should I say typing for you.
I am not using it now but I will be soon.
It speeds up the writing process and also helps with proper spelling,grammar etc.
Plus it is much easier on your fingers.
I hope this hub helps you all to get a higher hubscore and I look forward to speaking to you all in the comments below.
As always God Bless Us All
More by this Author
This is a article about who I think are the top ten sexiest female celebrities of 2011.
This article is designed to teach the reader to get better at door to door sales,using techniques like cold calling and referrals.
This is a hub designed to teach a average Texas Hold Em poker player how to win tournaments.