How To Prevent Eyestrain
How many of us suffer from Eyestrain from using your computer and cellphone?
Wouldn't you love to know how Eyestrain is caused and what you can do about it?
In this article I will explain how to prevent Eyestrain and what you can do to use your eyes better.
I am not a Doctor Nor a Physician so please always contact your Doctor or Physician before trying any diet, herbal or exercise programs
Did You Know?
Eyestrain can actually happen to anyone. Eyestrain can occur at all ages and especially after the age of 40 years old.
Eyestrain can usually actually occur when you are
- using your computer
- driving your car
- watching TV
- looking at your cellphone
- reading in the dark.
- Many things can in fact cause eyestrain.
How will you know when you have eyestrain?
- when normally clear images begin to get blurry
- double vision
- eyes starting to ache or hurt
- dry eyes.
- side temples aching
- eyelids aching
- you do not want to open your eyes
What Can I do To Stop Eyestrain?
- "Blink Your Eyes" Your eyes have a massage therapist, be sure to blink your eyes and try not to squint. When you are blinking your eyes you are actually massaging your eyes and it also cleanses your eyes with each blink as well.
- Get Glasses, do not let your eyes suffer, most people need reading glasses because they can see far off but not up close, this will definitely cause eyestrain so be sure to get contacts or glasses.
- Exercising your eyes is a great way to prevent eyestrain, hold your thumb out and make circles and x's bring your thumb closer then far away following it with your eyes, both exercises will help your brain to nerve to muscle connection of your vision.
- When using computer, stop and refocus your eyes on an image far away and do this once an hour.
- Turn the light down dimmer on your PC or cellphone. This light actually flickers so many times per second which can cause headaches and eyestrain
- Putting anti-glare shield on your PC or cellphone can help greatly
- adjust computer screen words to be brighter about 5-10 times than the background, you will notice a significant difference in eyestrain.
- Avoiding florescent lighting's. fluorescent lighting is flickering and will cause eyestrain and this occurs about 60 times per second.
- Stop reading and refocus every 30 Min's.
- Keep a distance to what you are reading not to close or far away. The muscles in your eyes will contract hence causing eyestrain.
- Last But Not Least, Always have plenty of rest. :)
Herbal Supplements for Eyestrain
Eyebright Tea (mixture of herbs)- is a great gentle balm for the eyes. Take a towel and soak the eyebright tea with it , lie down and place the warm towel over your eyes with them closed of course, and do this for about Ten to fifteen minutes. It will make your eyestrain go away.
Caution: do not let the tea be hot but subtly warm so that you do not injure yourself.
Poll On How Many Suffer Eyestrain
Do You Suffer Eyestrain?See results without voting
In Conclusion, You only have one set of eyes. If you are on the computer, or on a cell phone or an ipad alot, you are at high risk. It is very important that you take care of your eyes as well as your body. You save more money by not seeing a doctor and keeping your self healthy. Its not the quantity of Life.. Its the Quality Of Life.
Be sure to check out my other amazing articles on Health and Nutrition and so much more.
Have a Wonderful and Blessed day.