11+ Maths Test Paper A (Free exam practice paper for the eleven plus entrance exam)
This free test paper should prove quite useful for students who are going to take the 11+ entrance exams. A score above 80% should prove to be successful.
11+ Maths Test Paper A (by catman3000)
Maximum time allowed is 30 minutes. Calculators are not allowed.
1. Work out 3.7 + 12.9 + 6.27
2. Calculate 7.4 × 6
3. In a box there are 54 pens. 5/9 of the pens are red. How many red pens are in the bag?
4. David is n years old. Emma is 7 years younger than David. Write down an expression for Emma’s age.
5. How many edges does a triangular prism have?
6. Work out area of triangle with base length of 6cm and a perpendicular height of 14cm.
7. A school has 540 pupils. 5% of the pupils at the school wear glasses. How many pupils wear glasses?
8. Mark thinks of a number. He multiplies the number by 6, adds on 14 and then he halves the number. The answer he gets is 28. What is Marks original number?
9. A rectangle has side lengths of 2x and 3x + 4y. What is the perimeter of the rectangle?
10. What is 18²?
11. Work out the difference between the square root 9 and the square root of 144.
12. In a week Sarah spends £60 of her total wages on food. If this is 2/5 of her weekly wage, how much does Sarah earn in one week?
13. Work out the median average of these numbers 4,7,8,3,1,12,11,13.
14. John has 7 cards with numbers on. 1,2,3,6,8,9 and 11. If one card is picked at random, what is the probability that the card is a prime number?
15. Richard eats 4 biscuits everyday for the next year. How many biscuits has Richard ate by the end of the year?(assume that it’s not a leap year).
16. The time is 2:27pm Work out the time 210 minutes previously.
17. Sort these fractions into size order 1/2, 2/5, 7/10, 11/25, 9/20
18. How many lines of symmetry does a Kite have?
19. A square has an area of 81cm². What is the perimeter of the square?
20. The distance between town A and town B on a map is 4.5 cm. If the scale is 1:200,000, what is the real life distance between the towns in kilometres?
21. Find the value of x that satisfies this equation 4x + 7 = 71
22. Write down the 4th cube number.
23. The time on an analogue clock is 2 o clock. What is the angle between the two hands on the clock?
24. How many cubes of side length 2cm, can fit into a cuboid of side lengths 6cm by 4cm by 14cm?
25. An isosceles triangle has an angle of 52⁰. What are the sizes of the other two angles? There are two answers to this question, both must be given.
Score 1 mark for each question. A score of at least 80% should prove successful.
4. n – 7
9. 10x + 8y
16. 10.57am (the am must be included)
17. 7/20, 2/5, 11/25, ½, 7/10
20. 900,000cm = 9000m = 9km
21. x = 16
23. 60⁰ or 300⁰
25. 52⁰ and 76⁰ or 64⁰ and 64⁰ (both answers are needed).
More by this Author
A compound shape is a shape that is made up from other simple shapes. In this article we will be working out the area of a L shape (made up from 2 rectangles). To find the area of a compound shape, follow these simple...
The surface area of a triangular prism can be found in the same way as any other type of prism. All you need to do is calculate the total area of all of the faces. A triangular prism has 5 faces, 3 being rectangular and...
The density, mass and volume triangle is as follows: So if you wanted to work out the density, you would cover up density in the magic triangle to give: Density = Mass/Volume (since mass is above volume) So if...
No comments yet.