11+ Maths Test Paper A (Free exam practice paper for the eleven plus entrance exam)
This free test paper should prove quite useful for students who are going to take the 11+ entrance exams. A score above 80% should prove to be successful.
11+ Maths Test Paper A (by catman3000)
Maximum time allowed is 30 minutes. Calculators are not allowed.
1. Work out 3.7 + 12.9 + 6.27
2. Calculate 7.4 × 6
3. In a box there are 54 pens. 5/9 of the pens are red. How many red pens are in the bag?
4. David is n years old. Emma is 7 years younger than David. Write down an expression for Emma’s age.
5. How many edges does a triangular prism have?
6. Work out area of triangle with base length of 6cm and a perpendicular height of 14cm.
7. A school has 540 pupils. 5% of the pupils at the school wear glasses. How many pupils wear glasses?
8. Mark thinks of a number. He multiplies the number by 6, adds on 14 and then he halves the number. The answer he gets is 28. What is Marks original number?
9. A rectangle has side lengths of 2x and 3x + 4y. What is the perimeter of the rectangle?
10. What is 18²?
11. Work out the difference between the square root 9 and the square root of 144.
12. In a week Sarah spends £60 of her total wages on food. If this is 2/5 of her weekly wage, how much does Sarah earn in one week?
13. Work out the median average of these numbers 4,7,8,3,1,12,11,13.
14. John has 7 cards with numbers on. 1,2,3,6,8,9 and 11. If one card is picked at random, what is the probability that the card is a prime number?
15. Richard eats 4 biscuits everyday for the next year. How many biscuits has Richard ate by the end of the year?(assume that it’s not a leap year).
16. The time is 2:27pm Work out the time 210 minutes previously.
17. Sort these fractions into size order 1/2, 2/5, 7/10, 11/25, 9/20
18. How many lines of symmetry does a Kite have?
19. A square has an area of 81cm². What is the perimeter of the square?
20. The distance between town A and town B on a map is 4.5 cm. If the scale is 1:200,000, what is the real life distance between the towns in kilometres?
21. Find the value of x that satisfies this equation 4x + 7 = 71
22. Write down the 4th cube number.
23. The time on an analogue clock is 2 o clock. What is the angle between the two hands on the clock?
24. How many cubes of side length 2cm, can fit into a cuboid of side lengths 6cm by 4cm by 14cm?
25. An isosceles triangle has an angle of 52⁰. What are the sizes of the other two angles? There are two answers to this question, both must be given.
Score 1 mark for each question. A score of at least 80% should prove successful.
4. n – 7
9. 10x + 8y
16. 10.57am (the am must be included)
17. 7/20, 2/5, 11/25, ½, 7/10
20. 900,000cm = 9000m = 9km
21. x = 16
23. 60⁰ or 300⁰
25. 52⁰ and 76⁰ or 64⁰ and 64⁰ (both answers are needed).
More by this Author
Finding the modal class from a grouped frequency table is actually quite easy to do. All you need to do is to look for the group that has the highest frequency. This is because the mode is the number that comes up the...
Find the nth term of a quadratic number sequence.
The surface area of a triangular prism can be found in the same way as any other type of prism. All you need to do is calculate the total area of all of the faces. A triangular prism has 5 faces, 3 being rectangular and...
No comments yet.