20 Spanish Sayings
Funny spanish song- sung by an englishman!
- Spanish holidays: Costa del Sol with Children
Spain is a country well known for its family orientated way of life. If you have ever seen Spanish families travelling surely you have noticed that they bring along not only their children but also the...
- Spanish Omelet Recipe - Tortilla Espanol
Many people choose not to cook for one or more of these reasons: They don't have time, Its too hard or Its cheaper to buy ready-made food. None of which are true. Learning to cook is a pleasure we should all enjoy.
- How to Make Authentic and Healthy Spanish Sangria
Sangria is a wine and fruit punch, common in the Iberian peninsula that is Spain and Portugal. It is generally made with red wine, fresh fruit, lemonade (or carbonated water) and a choice of spirits such as...
1. Con el dinero baila el perro.
(with money anything is possible)
2. Dando y dando pajarito volando.
(scratch my back and I will scratch yours)
3. Huele de muerte!
(smells to die for)
4. En boca cerrada no entran moscas.
(literally: flies can't get in a shut mouth means: keep your mouth shut!)
5. Jodido pero contento.
(screwed but happy)
6. Se coge antes a un mentiroso que a un cojo.
(you'll catch a liar before a lame man)
7. A quien madruga Dios le ayuda.
(God will help whoever rises early)
8. El hombre soltero es un animal incompleto y el hombre casado es un completo animal.
(single men are incomplete animals and married men are complete animals)
9. A beber y a tragar, que el mundo se va acabar.
(eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow the world will end)
10. A donde the quieren mucho no vengas a menudo.
(don't over stay your welcome)
11. Amar y no ser amado es tiempo mal empleado.
(to love and not be loved is a waste of time)
12. Barriga llena corazon contento.
(full stomach, happy heart)
13. A caballo regalado no se le miran los dientes.
(don't look a gift horse in the mouth)
14. Ojos que no ven corazon que no siente
(what the eyes can't see the heart can't feel)
15. A la luz de la tea no hay mujer fea.
(by torchlight there is no ugly woman)
16. Quien no tiene ,perder no puede.
(what you don't have you can't lose)
17. Del dicho al hecho , hay mucho trecho.
(saying something and doing it are two different things)
18. Cada uno lleva su cruz.
(everyone bears their own cross)
19. Si quieres el perro, acepta las pulgas.
(if you want the dog accept the fleas! - love me love my faults)
20. Cuando hay hambre, no hay pan duro.
(when you are hungry there is no such thing as hard bread - or you get what you are given!)