50 Things You Never Knew about the Number ONE
Why Number 1?
In the beginning was the Number 1.
This was followed, in short order, by the numbers 2, 3, and 4. Then came 6. It was premature and had to go back to where it came from in order for the number 5 to take it's place.
The story of Numbers is a long and fascinating one, and I highly recommend it to anyone who relates more to digits then they do to, say, people.
In the meantime, here is an exhaustive list of all the things I could find out about the Number 1, for you who have always wondered about it.
1. the number of " rings to rule them all.”
2. the number of times you can break an egg
3. the number of nations "under God, indivisible..."
4. the number of eyes on a Cyclops
5. the number of books by Harper Lee
6. the number of thumbs on your right hand
7. the number of colors in the flag of Libya
8. the number of wheels on a unicycle
9. the number of channels on the first television set
10. the number of times you can be born
# of Eyes on a CyclopsClick thumbnail to view full-size
Take a Pause
Now surely at this point the reader is wondering something along the lines of 'hey!...what do I need to know this stuff for?...I mean is it useful in everyday life?'
Well let's face it. The answer is no.
However trivia is useful in non-everyday life!
Think of how much more confident and self-important you will feel once you can roll-out the trivia I am providing you and at no cost!
Now that's a bargain. You have to admit it.
So let's continue.............................................
Chipmunks Sing # 1 for Me
Some Trivial Links
- Neatorama " Blog Archive " 10 Insulting Words You Should Know
the persons you just insulted may not know the exact meaning of the word, but they have a feeling that they#8217;ve just been insulted.
- Trivia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
the word "trivia" was popularized in its current meaning in the 1960s by columbia university students ed goodgold and dan carlinsky, who created the earliest inter-collegiate quiz bowls that tested culturally significant yet unimportant facts
- Free Trivia Questions
your hub to free trivia questionson this hub you'll find a variety of free trivia questions organized into individual quizzes by category.
- Useful Trivia
celebrity trivia business celebs, tv celebs... movie trivia disney, horror, star wars... war trivia world war i, world war ii... science trivia astronomy, biology... miscellaneous trivia monsters, old west, ufos...
11. the number of letters in the word 'a'
12. the number of times you can jump off the Empire State Building
13. the number of animals that are left before a species becomes extinct
14. the number of hit songs by Vince Martin and the Tarriers
15. the number that God is in the 'Shema' of Israel
16. the number of ways you can pronounce 'eggplant'
17. the number of biological mothers you can have
18. the number of times you can be tried for the same crime
19. the number of winners in the Preakness
20. the number of ingredients to make ice cubes
21. the number of times “Jesus wept.”
22. the number of Tigers in the Woods (Tiger Woods)
23. the number of candidates running for office in a dictatorship
24. the number of cabooses on a train
25. the number of 'unforgiveable sins'
26. the number of players competing in solitaire
27, the number of exits in a maze
28. the number of jokers in a pack
29. the year of Adam's birth
30. the number of arms on this bandit
31. the number of companies in a monopoly
32. the number of sexes in a lesbian bar
33. the number of uses for a guillotine
34. the number of horns on a unicorn
35. the number of holes in a doughnut
36. the number of actors it takes to be Jekyll and Hyde
37.the number of eyes in CBS
38. the number of 'Mobys' named 'Dick'
39. the number of times you can pick 'The Lady or the Tiger'
40. the number of steps to begin a journey of a thousand miles
41. the number of subjects in a self-portrait
42. the number of points on a pyramid
43. the cost of a bang for a buck
44. the number of Wizards in Oz
45. the number of hermits in a hermitage
46. the number of Jacks in a box
47. the number of places you can be at once
48. the number of brides at the altar
49. the number of partridges in a pear tree
50. the first number of this list
More by this Author
It's a fact. Sometimes a person may strike you as acting or looking odd due to their in-ability to "links their mouth with their mind..." Cause? Drunk is often the answer. An example is someone who appears to...
Who has never imagined being invisible? You would like to try it, but you don't know how? Digital visual effects are one thing, but real invisibility is another. Effects are visual but the reality is what? Nothing at...
Levitate? Me levitate? Yes you can learn how to levitate! Forget Criss Angel and David Blaine telling you how to levitate. How does Criss Angel levitate?