Qualities in a Good and Ideal Classroom
A Classroom is a place where individuals gather for the purpose of learning and studying. The classroom may be of a primary school, an elementary school, a college or a university - but the purpose remains the same. In order to get the most of the learning process, there are certain standards that a classroom should meet.
A classroom should be in a way where students can comfortably spend their time, getting the most of their study and where teachers can be at comfort too, to provide the sublime education. Without proper configuration and set-up, an ideal classroom cannot be made.
Qualities Of A Good Classroom:
A good classroom should meet the following standards:
- The classroom should be equipped with proper seating; both quantity and quality wise.
- The number of students should not exceed beyond the teacher’s ability to pay attention to.
- There should be good ventilation of air, so one does not feel succumbed and may pay full attention.
- The architecture should be able to maintain healthy temperatures. Too much cold or too much heat will distract students mind and will wear down the teacher as well.
- There should be audio and visual facilities to aid better understanding of the subject.
- Less colors and only necessary items will minimize the distraction of the pupils.
- The positive usage of the available technologies may also prove to be of great help.
- In pre-primary, primary or elementary schools, their should be physical-interaction-activities with relevant subjects for better understanding and engrossing the interest of students.
A classroom should be made like a place where students get the urge to grow and develop themselves professionally and mentally. They should be comfortable, at fully ease and should be provided with a chance to study under a highly disciplined and well-facilitated place. It increases their efficiencies exponentially and moreover, a good classroom also does facilitate the teacher in various ways.
Other Educational Articles:
Various definition and concepts of Education. And the passive idea of 'Being Educated'
Education problems in Third World Countries
Commercialization problems in Schools.
All the statistics about child labours in the world.
Some important characteristics for being a good teacher.
More by this Author
4 Canons of taxation were first presented by Adam Smith. This articles explains the original 4 canons of taxation as well as the total 9 canons of taxation that were eventually formed later.
Do you know what does it take to become a great teacher? Find out the characteristics and qualities of a good teacher.
Learn about how the four different types of volcanoes (composite, shield, cinder cone, and lava dome) form and watch videos of how they erupt.