A couple of Amazing Facts
Some Amazing Facts about Human
Some Amazing Facts about Animal
Some Amazing Facts about Birds
Some Amazing Facts about Fish
Amazing Facts about Human
These are some of the amazing facts I collected over the time, and to avoid copying I made them into sentences in a bit different way. But facts are facts, which cannot be changed. I hope many of you will enjoy these.
- Did you know how many muscles have to work together at the same time for a faint smile? The answer is 17. Amazing!!
- Isn't it amazing to know that a liver cell is specialized enough to perform more than 500 operations at a time?
- Do you know our heart connects the 100 trillion cells in the human body one by one?
- Did you ever think human saliva has a boiling point three times that of regular water? But that is the truth. I never knew this.
- Can you guess how many strands of hair a human being loses on an average a day? Ans: 40 to 100 strands of hair.
- Have you ever thought that a fingernail or toenail takes about 6 months to grow from base to tip? Really amazing!
- Will it surprise you to know that our heart beats approximately 100,000 times a day?
- I think many of us know that water makes up about 70 percent of the human body.
- Isn't it surprising to know that there are 5 liters of blood in the body of a human weighing 60 kilograms?
- Another surprising fact - the human kidneys filter about 140 liters of blood every day through one million small filtering units.
- Some studies suggest women need up to an hour's extra sleep a night compared to men, and not getting it may be one reason women are much more susceptible to depression than men.
- Do you know the lifespan of a red blood cell? 120 days.
- Do you know people with blue eyes see better in the dark?
- I'm sure everyone knows the importance of mother's milk for infants. Immune system elements that the baby needs, such as antibodies or defense cells, are given to the baby ready-made in the mother's milk.
- Have you tried to sneeze with your eyes open? I don't think you can. It is impossible to sneeze with our eyes open.
Astonishing Facts about Animals
- Another astonishing fact is Crocodiles are blind in the water, but they are very keen of sight in the air.
- Can you guess an African elephant's gestation period? 22 months. A short-nosed bandicoot gestates for just 12 days.
- Isn't it amazing to know that a newborn kangaroo's length at birth is one inch?
Can you guess how many glasses of milk a cow gives in her lifetime? Don't be shocked to know the quantity - nearly 200000 glass of milk!
- Any guess about the weight of an elephant's teeth? about 9 pounds!
- Do you know which is the animal that cannot jump? The answer is very simple - Elephant!
- Which animal is left handed? The answer is polar bears.
- A rat is so small when compared to a camel. Still, a rat can live longer without water than a camel.
- Which breed of dogs bite humans more? The answer is German Shepherds.
Surprising Facts about Birds
- Hummingbird - The smallest bird in the world is Hummingbird. It weighs just 1 oz. Another feature of this smallest bird is this is the only bird that can hover and fly straight up, down, or backward. They cannot walk.
- Which is the largest bird egg in the world today? The answer is Ostrich. These eggs have a length of 6 to 8 inches and take about 40 minutes to hard-boil.
- Which is the only bird that can rotate its head to 270 degrees? The answer is Owl.
- Egg - Do you know an uncooked or soft-boiled egg will not spin, but a hard-boiled egg will.
- Kiwi - Do you know some astonishing facts about the bird Kiwi, the national bird of New Zealand?
Kiwis can't fly, they are almost blind and live in a hole in the ground. Kiwi lays only one egg each year. They hunt by sense of smell. Despite all these, they have survived for more than 70 million years!
- Duck - A duck's quack doesn't echo ... no one knows why.
Amazing Facts about Fish
Some truths are beyond our imagination.
- How do dolphins sleep? They sleep with one eye open.
- Do you know a female mackerel fish lays about 500,000 eggs at one time?.Astonishing!! But that is the fact.
- Which is the largest animal on earth? The blue whale. The heart of a blue whale is as big as a car, and it's tongue is as long as an elephant.
- Which are the animals that can see the infrared and ultraviolet light? The answer is goldfish.
- Fishes cannot live in the Dead Sea because the water has too much salt in it.
- Can you guess how many teeth a whale shark has, and how big they are? You will be amazed to know that it has over 4,000 teeth and each tooth is only 3mm long.
- Do you know Crocodiles are blind in the water? Though they are blind in the water they are very keen of sight in the air.
Video of amazing facts
More by this Author
Find out the various health benefits of Kovakkai (Ivy Gourd, Tindori)
Like any other country, India too has got her own beliefs and superstitions.
Thinking of adding flax seed to your diet? Find out about the various health benefits of flax seeds, and information about how to use them.