Good Advice for a Bad Day: 10 Truths to Tell Yourself
How to make it through the worst of days
- Remember to stop and watch the sunset, and delight in all that is still good, right and beautiful in the world.
- Give your best, and keep on giving. Stay strong and follow through. Let others think of you as they may.
- Don’t apologize for wanting a chance, even when you think someone else could make more of it.
- Remember: It’s never too late.
- Make time to indulge your creativity and curiosity.
- Never be intimidated by anyone, ever. And never cut anyone down.
- Hold off judgment. Hold on to hope.
- Stand up for yourself when you're wronged, and stand up for people who won’t or can’t stand up for themselves. Value people over things or abstractions.
- Respect the limits of what you can do and bear; choose to push those limits, but without breaking yourself.
- Wait out the day with patience. Keep looking for moments of joy.
More by this Author
- EDITOR'S CHOICE15
15 Classic Songs About California: A list of the best California songs from the 1960s and 1970s.
In California, life takes gasoline. Find proof in these 10 songs celebrating California's car culture.
- EDITOR'S CHOICE19
A guide to fragrant, sweet-smelling flowers: From lilacs to freesias, these flowers are treat for the nose.