Good Advice for a Bad Day: 10 Truths to Tell Yourself
How to make it through the worst of days
- Remember to stop and watch the sunset, and delight in all that is still good, right and beautiful in the world.
- Give your best, and keep on giving. Stay strong and follow through. Let others think of you as they may.
- Don’t apologize for wanting a chance, even when you think someone else could make more of it.
- Remember: It’s never too late.
- Make time to indulge your creativity and curiosity.
- Never be intimidated by anyone, ever. And never cut anyone down.
- Hold off judgment. Hold on to hope.
- Stand up for yourself when you're wronged, and stand up for people who won’t or can’t stand up for themselves. Value people over things or abstractions.
- Respect the limits of what you can do and bear; choose to push those limits, but without breaking yourself.
- Wait out the day with patience. Keep looking for moments of joy.
More by this Author
15 Classic Songs About California: A list of the best California songs from the 1960s and 1970s.
A guide to fragrant, sweet-smelling flowers: From lilacs to freesias, these flowers are treat for the nose.
Funny American place names abound, from Gun Barrel City, Texas, to Why, Arizona. This list celebrates towns and cities with names worth a second look, a smile, and a smirk.