Art Nouveau Architecture Movement
Art Nouveau ArchitectureClick thumbnail to view full-size
The Youthful Style and Global Art Movement
The Art Nouveau Movement is a period of immense creativity around the turn of the twentieth century. It was an international wave that swept across the architectural construction industry, palette painters, cabinet and home furnishings craftsmen, sculptures, and cast-metal worlds, for a fifteen year span. From 1890-1905 youthful creativity reached new heights as many artists forged ahead as pioneers of the Art Nouveau period. This time was a period of inspiration, creativity, and adventure for inspiring men and women, wanting to make a positive yet unique hand print on European architecture. Strictly speaking this art movement raised the bar for any other art movement hereafter, and at the end of its fifteen year time span, the results are still unbelievably magical and simply marvelous.
Art Nouveau Inspirations
Art Nouveau Sculpture
What are your thoughts of Art Nouveau Creativity
Do you like the creativity of Art Nouveau?See results without voting
FYI Trivia about the Jugendstil Movement
- The magazine Jugend spread the stylish movement across Germany and into Belgium. It is credited for advancing the artistic design style, and it flourished in Belgium during its earlier time period. Hence the fact that the Art Nouveau movement is also known as the Jugendstil movement. The Jugend magazine captivated readers not only in Europe- but across the Atlantic and even into America. The wonderful individualism that artist were now commissioned to create, brought forth projects like that of Hector Guimard's metro entrances, which can still be seen throughout Paris, France.
- The ocean-liner the Titanic ornate staircase and décor was considered some of Europe's best representations of Art Nouveau.
- Sometime during the early 1920s Art Nouveau design started to fall by the wayside, making room for two other far reaching European art movements: Modernist Movement and the Futurism Movement of the mid-twentieth century. However, Art Nouveau is still credited for being the father of the American Psychedelic Art movement of the mid 1960s and early 1970s.
- Ironically out of all three of these creativity movements, music has been the causative agent, which breached the vast water barrier of the Atlantic Ocean, and created the first ever, collective, internationally recognized movement.
- Art Nouveau/Jugendstil is the bridge that ultimately united the periods of Neoclassicism to the Modernist movement.
- Its strongest influence can be seen in the historic center of Riga, Latvia. Riga is said to be home to the finest collection of Art Nouveau inspired buildings in Europe- while New York City, New York is home to some of America's, finest representations of this unique period of creativity.
- An Art Nouveau inspired "Flight Cage" was built for the St. Louis World's Fair in St. Louis, Missouri USA of 1904. It still is in use today, and be visited free at the zoo located in Forest Park, St. Louis Area in Missouri, USA.
A BBC Documentary on Art Nouveau
The Birthplace of Art Nouveau
Where it all began in Riga, Lativa
The Republic of Latvia is located in the center on the Baltic States, just south of Sweden. The capital city is known far and wide across Europe, because it is a crossroad between Eastern and Western Europe. Riga was founded in 1201 AD and is approximately 191 square miles. The average temperature is 24 degrees Fahrenheit.
During the 14th century Riga developed as an important asset to transporting goods to the East. In operation still, Riga's fame came along the railways gathering an independent reputation as an important transportation district. The city is also known for it's role in the Art Nouveau and Modern architectural and cultural movements. The city's renown values and highly sophisticated labor continue to make Riga, the vibrant city that stands in existence today.
Modern Art Period
Another European Art Inspiration
- Futurism "Reinventing the Universe" 100th Anniversar...
Featuring Artwork from the Futurism Movement by Boccioni, Depero, Balla, Pannaggi, Russolo 1930;Depero 1925;Depero 1920;Depero 1918;Depero 1916;Depero 1931;Ivo Pannaggi 1925;Ivo Pannaggi 1925;Ivo Pannaggi ...
"A multifaceted artist and designer, Salah cAnd al-Karim was active in various disciplines and associated with artists from different groups. He made significant contributions to major urban projects like the Cairo Metro and the Cairo Millennium Project, as well as in theatrical set design. As a sculptor, cAnd al-Karim produced a large body of sculptures made of welded scrap metals depicting a range of subjects, from crucifixions to bestiaries. His works are representative of sculpture in the 1960s, when traditional metalsmith crafts and casting techniques were explored and re-utilized. His bestiary series, which includes The Horse, is noted for its aggressive expression, conveyed through the use of sharp metal pieces of machinery recycled to form the characteristic anatomy of each figure. Their primitive violence was inspired by African sculpture, while also reflecting Egypt's expanding industrialization and the tense political climate."-http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/egma/hd_egma.htm
Visit these Art Nouveau links for more examples.
- Cupola\'s Art Nouveau Architecture - Maison Horta (2 of 4)
Cupola offers galleries of cupolas, historic architecture, art, and picturesque landscapes. Also cupola FAQ, state capitol building histories, wordplay, and Autocad resources.
- The Horta Museum in Brussels.
The history of Ghent - Gent in Flanders and Belgium.
More by this Author
The hot bodies of Voluptuous Women. Plus size figures, and one man's opinion of the beauty of big beautiful women. Plus size women's swimsuit photo shoot and video of a 2013 lingerie fashion show.
Top Ten List: 10. Lumpfish 9. Frill Shark 8. Black Swallower Fish 7. Atlantic Wolffish 6. Fangtooth Fish 5. Deep Sea Lizardfish 4. Black Chimaera 3. Goblin Shark 2. Blobfish 1. Nomura's Jellyfish
Online dating and personal ads: Have you ever thought about what it is that people are truly looking for in a NSA FWB?