Avoiding a Speeding Ticket
Some Plausible Excuses for Speeding
The following is a list of excuses people have told me they have used to avoid having to pay a heavy speeding ticket payment. Some of them are even true. I only sped one - 30 miles in a 20 mile per hour zone. I really WAS lost and crunched and crowded by heavy speeding traffic all around. I had to pay the ticket, too.
EXCUSES that have worked for others:
- I am almost out of gas and was trying to get to the gas station fast.
- My house is on fire. I just got the call.
- My dog's at the pound and they're about to euthanize him.
- I am being followed by a suspicious car.
- I've been trying to get pregnant and I'm ovulating right now.
- I‘m having a heart attack and have to get to the ER
- My husband's been in an accident. I have to get to the hospital.
- I was just keeping up with traffic. They world have run me off the road!
- Have a "Diabetic ID Bracelet" - I need my insulin; it's at home.
- I have to get to the pharmacy before it closes, for my insulin.
- I'm a volunteer firefighter and I got a call from the station
- I was following someone and I didn't want to lose him. If I don't catch up I will really catch hell!
- My kids are waiting for me to pick them up.
- I'm on my way to testify in court.
- My child is in the hospital, unconscious.
Less Believable Excuses
These are some excuses that have not always worked for the people I know that have used them.
- A UFO just buzzed me and I am chasing it with my camera.
- I'm with the FBI and I'm chasing undocumented aliens.
- You must have clocked the car in front of me.
- The speed limit was not posted.
- 90 mph? That can't be right, my speedometer said 55
- I'm lost and confused, can you give me directions?
- Just so you know, my dad is a cop.
- Oh was I speeding? I wasn't paying attention.
- There's been a death in the family and I need to get home.
- I'm running late for work.
- I'm late for a big date.
- Sorry, my radar detector was not working.
Jet Car Racing at Perth
More by this Author
Science fiction as a discipline has told us for decades that we can make replacement parts for human beings. In the 2010s, we began to accomplish this by 3D printing biological materials.
In the latest evaluation of top nursing schools in the country, the complex provided at the University of California - San Francisco (UCSF) appears on several Top 10 Lists in nursing specialties.
Since 2010, news from BLOOMBERG BUSINESSWEEK has been that Canada and Australia were little touched by The Great Recession. New jobs continue to increase.