Cincinnati Area Aerospace Programs For Mars
Biomed and Aerospace Technologies 2010 - 2035
West Chester Township rates among the Top 50 of CNNMoney's100 Best Cities for 2010 for several reasons, some of the most important being its quick expansion in recent years and the number of large employers located in town. It is also a historical city with links to WWII, the Cold War, and 21st Century space exploration possibilities; but offers a growing arts and culture center as well.
Combined with other local communities and extending all the way to Cincinnati and Dayton on either side, West Chester in in the middle of the Ohio Space Corridor, now an official development region of the state and receiving grant funding for the future. This is exciting, because people living here can almost "touch outer space."
The community located only 2 miles east of Hamilton, Ohio and approximately 15 miles northwest of Downtown Cincinnati, near the Sharonville suburb. During August 2010, 24,000 jobs were listed online in the West Chester area, within 25 miles of the township center, most located in Cincinnati, Mason, Olde West Chester to the east, and Hamilton.
Population growth in West Chester from 2000 to 2010 has far exceeded the construction of local residences and businesses, reaching 60,000 people and hundreds of commercial concerns. Construction is forecast it add jobs to accommodate this lag. In addition, 52,000 people work in West Chester Township during the work week, keeping it busy and productive during continued growth.
Lower Arm Of the Space Corridor
What Is the Ohio Space Corridor?
Ohio's Space Corridor develops medical, biomedical, and aerospace technologies, including privatized space flight. As a suburb of Cincinnati, West Chester is in a strategic position that draws new related businesses and additional residents to work in these industries.
Many live between Cincinnati and Dayton or the inner suburbs between the two cities and commute to either metro area. At the same time, the suburbs in between the two, as well as to the east of Dayton are expanding to fill the corridor for densely. It is expected that the larger part of the southwest quadrant of Ohio will become a single huge metropolitan area, a metroplex or larger distinction.
Speculation about privatized-government space flight projects to Mars by 2035, supported by veterans like space pioneer Buzz Aldrin, give the potential of exponential growth around West Chester through the middle of the century. Updated news of Mars exploration will appear as it happens in the links below.
To Mars By 2018 - 2035
- First Manned Flight To Mars January 2018 - Married Couple In Space
Despite time challenges, a manned Dragon capsule from SpaceX is scheduled to be on Mars in early 2018. What has caused such quick developments? - Contests, some similar to those held on HubPages.
- NASA's Mission to Mars Astronaut Class - Background, Education and Related Jobs
These four men and four women were recruited and selected for a Mission to Mars by NASA. They will first fly to a near-Earth asteroid, followed by a flight to the Red Planet. Godspeed!
Ohio's Space Corridor
Military and private research is performed here by Battelle Memorial Institute.
Aerospace businesses have also opened east of Columbus in Heath and Newark in Licking County.
Ohio Aerospace Hub of Innovation and Opportunity
The Ohio Space Corridor received a grant of $250,000 in January 2010, to be administered by the University of Dayton in partnership with City of Dayton, Montgomery County, Dayton Development Coalition, and CityWide Development Corp.
These companies also contributed $350,000 matting funds to total $600.000. In June 2010, a search went out for a Hub Director.
Ohio's Governor Ted Strickland chose the Dayton Metro Area for the state's first official Hub of Innovation, because of its long history of flight and the demonstrated excellence in aerospace and aviation. This includes massive ongoing projects in aviation, aerospace, defense, and inventions at Wright Patterson Air Force Base.
University of Dayton Research Institute has accomplished innovations previously in aerospace research and technologies that have created new jobs within the larger Corridor.
Human Performance and Biological and Neurological Imaging
Neuromedical imaging at Wright State in the Ohio Space Corridor has potential to elevate the training and support functions of the US military. Many current studies focus on healing for stroke patients.
Voice of America Park and Mall
The former West Chester site of Voice of America broadcasting from WWII though the Desert Storm currently incudes a shopping center as well as a university learning center, a museum, and a park.
The VOA Centre shopping place is a strip mall built a major intersection in West Chester, Tylersville Rd and Cox Ln. The Voice of America Centre now features dozens of dining options, from quick food choices and coffee shops to full menu dining. Nearby is the Miami University VOA Learning Center with special programs, and the Ronald Reagan Freedom Park.
Miami University Voice of America Learning Center
Opening in 2009 after acquiring the land and facilities of the VOA site, this institution offers undergraduate degrees, graduate programs in education and business, and customized training for business and government. The Bachelors of Integrative Studies in a new bridge between AA and BA/BS degrees.
Teachers can earn graduate degrees here via Miami University's School of Education, Health and Society. The related TEAM Scholarship reduces tuition and fees by 50% for those eligible. Miami University's Farmer School of Business offers the Professional MBA, offered only at this VOA Learning Center and none of the other main or branch campuses.
VOA Learning Center
Voice Of America MuseumsClick thumbnail to view full-size
West Chester: The Square at Union Centre
The Arts and Culture
Hamilton, Ohio about 5 minutes west of West Chester is an industrial city that has moved toward arts and culture in the 2000s and 2010. Its Pyramid Hill Sculpture Park and learning center is an installation unique to the area. It is an outdoor museum of sculpture set in meadows, forests, and gardens. An indoor facility offers an Ancient Sculpture Museum of preserved Roman, Egyptian, Greek and Etruscan classics. The total facility is planned to become the world's only complete history of human sculpture museum.
Besides sculpture, learning center programs are offered at Pyramid Hill in fine arts, horticulture, geology, and the environment. A variety of events are also held in the park that include music concerts, fairs, and special events.
In the winter, special ice sculpture demonstrations and exhibitions are the highlight of the park and Hamilton overall in its role as Sculpture City in this state since Gubernatorial decree in 2000.
Pyramid Hill Sculpture Park
Major Local Companies
- In August 2010, Accutek Testing Laboratory announced a $1.5 million expansion project of which part will be a new 50,000 sq.ft. building in Fairfield Township near West Chester and Cincinnati before the end of October 2010. The new facility is three times larger than the current plant. Accutek is an important company for mechanical and metallurgical testing. Accutek tests products made for aerospace, medical, and manufacturing applications.
- BAE Systems - Technologies.
- GE Aviation - Opened a large new office building in 2009 and resulted in West Chester, Fairfield and Springdale establishing a Joint Economic Development District (JEDD) on 43 acres GE Aviation occupies at Union Centre Boulevard town square mall and business district.
- Ft. Hamilton Hospital
- Mercy Regional Hospital
- Medco Health Solutions
- West Chester Medical Center
Major local employers In West Chester are active in advancing technologies for a variety of industries - Heathcare, Medical/Biomedical, Aerospace - and Manufacturing in order to produce them all.
GE Aviation Sites North Of Cincinnati Outerbelt
Hot Jobs at GE Aviation, West Chester
- Engineers and Lead Engineers
- Enginering Technologists
- Composite Manufacturing Process Engineers
- Sub-Section Managers in Engine Aeromechanics
- Senior Marketing Manager for Aviation Systems, Military
- IT Applications Architects - Simulation Data Management
- IM Program Managers for Business Solutions
- Enabling Tools Project Managers
- Smart Grid Account Director
- Data Management Architects for Data Integration
- IM Project Managers
- Acoustic Engineers and Technologists
- Executive for Marketing
- IM Program Manager for Business
GE Aviation is a a division of GE Technology Infrastructure, a leader in commercial jet engines and components, integrated digital/electric/mechanical aircraft systems. See GE Aviation.
Top Hiring Companies
- Kforce Professional Staffing, Inc.
- Fifth Third Bank
- Interim HealthCare
- Hospital Jobs Online
- Health Alliance
- Blockbuster; Sears; Meijer
- Robert Half Finance & Acct.
- Critical Connection
- PNC Bank
Top 10 High Demand Jobs
- Physical Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Registered Nurses (RNs) - Accute Care, Geriatrics
- Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs/STNAs)
- Retail Sales Representatives
- Healthcare Support Positions
- Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Salespeople and Cashiers
- Mortgage Processors
- Patient Advocates
Additional High Demand Jobs
- Speech Language Pathologists
- Security Estimators
Higher Education In and Near West Chester
- Hondros College School of Nursing at www.hondros.edu
- Indiana Wesleyan University at http://www.indwes.edu
- University of Cincinnati at www.uc.edu/
- University of Dayton at http://www.udayton.edu/
- Wright State University at www.wright.edu/ - This school is near Wright Patterson AFB National Museum of the Air Force and the Aviation Heritage Trail of Ohio. It is known for healthcare and aerospace technology, including advances in the repair of severed spinal cords.
- Xavier University at www.xavier.edu
Wright State University and Medical School
© 2010 Patty Inglish
More by this Author
The US government, USAF staff & Ufologists paint Area 51 in several layers of truth. I've spoken to Project Blue Book in the past, but learned recently about "inactive" USAF bases at Area 51...
Selected international countries are partnering with the US in projects for Mars, but several other little known related items of interest are also strange but true.
The early US Space Program was all male, but the USSR had a female cosmonaut. Since the 1950s, so many women have been involved in aerospace activities that they have their own museum in Ohio!