Characteristics of a good storage structure for good – grains
Process Of Storage
Mouse by spilt grain - Stock
Grain Storage trends in India
Food - grains storages
Not less than ten per cent of the food – grains produced in the country of India are lost or damaged because of inadequate storage space and wrong methods of storage. Though it is important to produce more food grains, it is equality important to store them properly, so as to avoid the losses. The containers used for storing food – grains and other food materials should be such that they can protect the stored food – grains from all the possible sources of damage and loss. The essential features or characteristics of a good storage structure or a good store house for storing food - grains on a large scale are given below.
1) A good storage structure for storing food – grains is one in which the insects, rodents (rats), birds and other animals (which damage the food – grains) cannot enter. That is it, should provide protection from the entry of insects, rodents (rats), birds and other animals, which damage the stored food – grains.
2) A good storage structure for storing food – grains is one in in which it is easy to spray pesticides or carry out fumigation for controlling insects and other pests which damage the stored food – grains.
3) A good storage structure for storing food – grains is one which is easy to clean and convenient for the periodical inspection of stored food – grains.
4) A good storage structure for storing food grains should be water – proof, and able to protect the stored food grains from the variation of temperature and humidity (of air).
5) A good storage structure for storing food – grains should be located way from the various sources of infection like garbage dumps, chemical industries, flour mills, slaughterhouses, tanneries, bone crushing mills, and kilns.
6) A good storage structure for storing food – grains should be located at a place which is convenient for receiving, issuing, and transporting food – grains from one place to another. It is because of this reason that most of the big food – grain storage houses are located near the railway goods yard or on national highways.
All the above requirements are essential for the storage of cereal grains like wheat and rice. The important characteristics of the storage structure for storing milk should be a) easy to clean. b) low temperature. c) convenient location. d) away from sources of population. e) protected from rodents, birds, insects and animals, and f) easy to inspect.
Ancient Method to Store Food Grains
More by this Author
Some beads made of sea- shells are found which indicate that the people of Inamgaon had trade relations.
Microlights are found in many parts of India like Chhota Nagpur in Jharkhand and also on the banks of the River Ganga between Ghazipur and Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh.
The dangerous diseases caused by radiations are : cancer, Leukaemia and skin injuries. All the short wavelength, high energy radiations are harmful to the human health.
No comments yet.