Crazy Arizona Laws
Crazy laws of Arizona
1. Hunting camels is prohibited.
What in the world are camels during roaming around in Arizona? The law was created to protect the camels that were brought in by the U. S. Army. They were experimenting on them until they gave up and let them go to roam the Arizona desert.
2. There is a possible 25 years in prison sentence for cutting down a cactus.
How can this be? There are more cactus than people. The law is actually there to protect the endangered Saquaro cactus.
3. When being attacked by a criminal or burglar, you may only protect yourself with the same weapon that the other person possesses.
What??? Wait a minute, what is that your holding? A knife?? Oh no, I've got a gun.
4. It is illegal for men and women over the age of 18 to have less than one missing tooth visible when smiling.
I guess a dentist would go broke here.
5. Donkeys cannot sleep in a bathtub.
I didn't know they would fit.
6. An ordinance prohibits the wearing of suspenders.
Well, at least they can still wear belts.
7. A decree declares that anyone caught stealing soap must wash himself with it until it is all used up.
I guess for some people having to be clean is punishment enough.
8. Cars may not be driven in reverse.
It must be tough to get out of some parking spaces.
9. It is a Class 2 misdemeanor for carving our initials into a tree in the park.
Beware young lovers!!!
10. It is unlawful to refuse a person a glass of water.
This was created mainly to protect the homeless. During the summer the temperature gets as high as 120 degrees. Restaurants were not allowed to charge for a glass of water because of the heat and the threat of dehydration.
Arizona Fun Facts
- If you cut down an endangered cactus like this Saguaro in Arizona you could face up to a year in prison.
- The Arizona trout is found only in Arizona.
- One Native American tribe called the Havasupai Indians actually live inside the Grand Canyon in a village located near Havasu Creek.
- Billy the Kid killed his first victim named Frank “Windy” Cahill in Bonita, Arizona.
- Turquoise is the official state gemstone.
- The legendary 1881 Gunfight at the O.K. Corral in the Arizona Territory town of Tombstone is considered the most famous shootout in the American Old West, and lasted only 30 seconds.
Just a little note
I enjoy reading about all of the crazy, loony, silly laws that each of our states have. Many of them have been on the books for ages. It seems that they have been forgotten by all by us who bring them out to tickle our funny bones.
On a more serious note, Arizona is a wonderful place to visit. It has beautiful scenery and friendly people. These things combined can give you a relaxing peaceful vacation, one that takes you out of the rat race if only for a little while.
Other Crazy Laws Hubs by KoffeeKlatch Gals
- Ten Things to Love About Cave Creek, Arizona
Welcome to quirky, iconoclastic, weird and wonderful Cave Creek, Arizona -- where cowboys, artists, bikers, and authors roam. Still a small town, Cave Creek has a big heart and a bigger attitude. Here is your virtual tour.
- RV Living Off the Grid - Camp Cheap in Quartzsite, A...
RVing off the grid - camp this winter in Quartzsite, Arizona. Boondock on BLM land while using solar energy or wind power for electricity. RVers living off the grid in Quartzsite agree that the best things in life (like sunshine and wind) are free!
- Fun and Unusal Hikes Around Flagstaff, Arizona
Four fun, educational, and unusual hikes for all ages to enjoy near Flagstaff, AZ. Spend a morning or afternoon exploring cliff dwellings, an extinct volcano, a lava flow or, for a really unusual hike, go underground in a lava tube. Walnut Canyon, Su
- RVing Sedona Arizona: Red Rock Canyons, Hot Air Ball...
Sedona is a photographer's dream of red rocks and hot air balloons. Natural beauty and psychic energy of vortexes attracts diverse visitors. Also see nearby Tuzigoot NM and Montezuma Wells.
- Arizona's Boyce-Thompson Arboretum: A Desert Plant ...
Visitors to Arizona or long-time enthusiasts of desert life will exult equally in the plant collection and natural grandeur of the Boyce-Thompson Arboretum. Don't miss this serene, lovely paradise.
More by this Author
Lincoln, Nebraska at Sunset Image from bing.com/images Donut holes may not be sold in Lehigh, Nebraska. It is illegal to fly a plane when drunk. In Waterloo, Barbers are forbidden to eat onions between 7 AM and 7...
Everyone knows about Las Vegas, Nevada. We all know it's the favorite place to visit. Did you know that 80% of all visitors to Las Vegas return for another visit?
Different styles look better on some than others. We all want to look good, that's a given. To look your best, you need to dress for your body type.
No comments yet.