Crazy Delaware Laws
Top ten free attractions in Delaware
1. Air Mobility Command Museum - Dover
2. Legislative Mall - Dover
Contains a replica of the Liberty Bell.
3. Rehoboth Beach
It has hundreds of stores, restaurants, hotels, Bed & Breakfasts, a wonderful boardwalk and a beautiful ocean view.
4. Bethany Beach
Home of the Fenwick Lighthouse
5. Briggs Museum of American Art - Dover
It was established in 1993 and houses on of the finest collections of regional silver in the country. Also carries arm forms such as sculpture,and furniture by early-American cabinet-makers.
6. Dupont Nature Center - Milford
Allows an unobstructed view of migratory birds.
7. Riverfront Willington
Offers restaurants, shops, museums, sports, and entertainment. You can also learn about the history of Christina River while taking a water taxi tour.
8. Nassau Valley Vineyards - Lewes
This is a free self-guided our of three galleries featuring the history of wine making.
9. Johnson Victrola Museum - Dover
The museum is a tribute to Eldridge Reeves Johnson who founded the Victor Talking Machine Company in 1901.
10. Mike's Famous Harley-Davidson.
Not only do they carry over 300 bikes but also the best chili in Delaware.
Crazy laws of Delaware
1. It is illegal to wear pants that are "firm fitting" around the waist.
2. No person shall change clothes in his or her car.
3. One may not whisper in Church.
4. Alcohol may not be served in nightclubs if dancing is occurring on the premises at the same time.
5. All persons must carry a bag with them at all times when they walk their dog in case the dog "poops", or risk a $100 fine.
6. It is illegal to fly over any body of water unless one is carrying sufficient supplies of food or drink.
7. You may not sell dead people for money without a license.
8. Six year old girls may not run around without being fully clothed.
9. No person shall sleep or pretend to sleep on the boardwalk.
10. It is a violation of the local law of Lowes Crossroads for any pilot or passenger to carry an ice cream cone in their pocket while flying or waiting to board a plane.
- The state of Delaware was named after Lord de la Warr, who served as the first governor of Delaware.
- Milk is the state beverage of Delaware.
- Delaware is the only state that does not have any National Parks.
- The official state insect of Delaware is the Lady Bug.
- Rehoboth Beach, Delaware was the sight of the first Miss United States Beauty Contest.
- The Peach Blossom is Delaware's official state flower.
- Around 500 heirs of the original Naticoke Indian tribe live in Delaware. Every September they honor their legacy by holding the Naticoke Indian PowWow.
- The official state tree of Delaware is the American Holly.
- The state of Delaware is 96 miles long and varies from 9 to 35 miles wide.
- Colonial Blue and buff are the official state colors.
- Delaware was the first state to sign the Constitution of the United States on December 7, 1787.
- Delaware has four nicknames: The First State, The Diamond State, The Blue Hen State, and Small Wonder.
- There is no sales tax in Delaware.
- Thomas Garret of Delaware, lost his entire fortune in his battle against slavery. He was sued by a Maryland slave owner and fined for helping a black family escape. It is believed that he helped more than 2,000 slaves move through Delaware, an important stop on the Underground Railroad.
- Photo Gallery Featuring Plein Air Coastal Delaware A...
Photo gallery featuring Mid-Atlantic artists who participated in inaugural Plein Air Coastal Delaware Art Competition.
- Bird Watching Hot Spots on the Maryland, Delaware Ea...
Birdwatching on Maryland and Delaware's Eastern Shore is great any time of year, but best from fall till spring. Check out migratory songbirds, waterfowl, and the lovely views along the wetlands.
- Lower Mid-Atlantic: Ten Great State Parks in Delawar...
1. Cape Henlopen State Park, Delaware. A beautiful spit of sand that abuts the Delaware River and marks the boundary between the Atlantic Ocean, Cape Henlopen is well known for its World War II batteries that stood guard over the mouth of the...
- Brandywine Zoo, Delaware
...the Brandywine Zoo located in Brandywine Park, Delaware. The zoo sits above the Brandywine River, which runs through the park. There are walking, hiking and biking paths throughout the park and along the river, where you can view a picturesque wat
- Hot Jobs in the Top 10 Micro-Cities in North America...
(public domain) For an explanation of micro-cities see the link Top 10 Micro-Cities in North America. Wilmington is conveniently located among high-powered business and political centers in the Northeastern...
- 10 Spooky or Haunted Places in Delaware
Belmont Hall in Smyrna, DE Deer Park Tavern in Newark, DE Delaware has tons of history and many places throughout the state are said to be home to spooky fantoms and unexplained phenomena. As Halloween...
More by this Author
Alaska is one of the most beautiful state in North America. It is a spot where you have the best fishing and hunting along with views that you won't believe.
Kansas has had some pretty crazy laws on their books. Did you know that dead chickens cannot cross the road in Kansas?
Different styles look better on some than others. We all want to look good, that's a given. To look your best, you need to dress for your body type.