Crazy Florida Laws
1. It is illegal to show your breast in a topless dance.
I guess in this case dancing topless must mean dancing without a hat.
2. Babies are not allowed to to nude on the beach.
They must be concerned about all over sunburn.
3. It is illegal to sell your children.
4. Men may not be seen publically in any kind of strapless gown.
At least they're dressed.
5. It is illegal to sing in a public place while attired in a swimsuit.
6. It's illegal for you to tow anything on a bike.
If you can't tow with a bike why do they sell small trailers made to be towed by a bike?
7. You may not fart in a public place after 6 P.M.
I guess its ok before 6 P.M.
8. It's illegal to walk slowly in Hialeah.
Ok guys, pull over your walking below the speed limit.
9. Women may be fined for falling asleep under a hair dryer, as can the slaon owner.
Get out the No-Doze ladies.
10. The penatly for horse theft is death by hanging.
Surely this can't still be enforcable.
Places to visit in Florida
They are literally hundreds of places to visit in Florida the land of sun, surf, and, beautifully warm weather, and breathtaking oceanviews. Florida has something for everyone no matter what type of vacation you are looking for. They are famous for their theme parks and exciting nightlife as well as their quite secluded beaches and luxurious hotels.
Islands of Adventure
Kennedy Space Center
I named the most popular ones, there are many more you can visit while in Florida.
Points of Interest
Winter Park has a wonderful boat tour
Old Town Trolley Tours
The Bat House
There is truly something for everyone. The camping and state parks are beautiful and the fishing is unbelievable. Not to mention the boating and of course deep sea fishing. You could vacation in Florida year after year and never do the same things twice.
Interesting Florida Fun Facts
- St. Augustine is the oldest European settlement in North America.
- Clearwater, Florida has the highest rate of lightning strikes per capita in the U.S.
- Gatorade was named after the University of Florida Gators where the drink was first developed.
- Florida” means “flowery” in the Spanish language. Ponce de León referred to the newly discovered peninsula as “La Florida” because he was celebrating the Easter season, and the spring flowers were in bloom.
- The first Snapper lawn mower was developed in Florida by Neil and Montverde Smith.
- The first graded road built in Florida was Old Kings Road in 1763. It was named for King George of England.
- The Olustee Battlefield State Historic Site commemorates the largest battle fought in Florida during the American Civil War.
- Benwood, is the most popular shipwreck for divers in Florida is located in the Florida keys on the French Reef.
- Blue Crabs: My Best Crabbing Spots in Florida
Information about crabbing, stone crab season, and blue crab season in Florida, along with regulations, great locations, and tips. Discount crab traps, crab nets, photos, maps, and videos included.
- The Water World of the 3 National Parks in Florida
Each of Florida's 3 National Parks are exciting & unique. See what other HubPage writers have written about them.
- Manatees at Blue Spring State Park Florida
Blue Spring State Park on Florida's St. John River is a favorite place for manatees in Florida to gather when the weather gets cold. Millions of gallons of 73° water water flow out of the spring each day providing a warm winter home for the manatees.
- Fort George Island Florida : The Zephaniah Kingsley ...
A fascinating look at an island plantation operated by slaves and owned by several noted early Americans and Spanish operators. Full of historical events and interesting people who made the island more than just a cotton plantation.
- Florida Paranormal: 5 of the Most Haunted Places in ...
The beaches in Florida are some of the top most beautiful in the entire world and with good reason. But there is a darker side to Florida that most are not aware of...learn about the most haunted.
More by this Author
Alaska is one of the most beautiful state in North America. It is a spot where you have the best fishing and hunting along with views that you won't believe.
Massachusetts has it's share of crazy, loony laws such as the one that says it is illegal to put tomatoes in clam chowder. It is also full fun facts and historical tidbits. Did you know that there is a house in...
Remember that special aunt or uncle that always showed how much they cared? Now you can show them how much you care by sending them a loving quote.