Crazy Hawaii Laws
1. In Hawaii it is illegal to get a tattoo behind your ear or on your eyelid unless in the presence of a registered physician.
2. All residents may be fined as a result of not owning a boat.
3. Billboards are outlawed.
4. It's illegal for a shooting gallery to offer liquor as a prize.
5. Coins are not allowed to be placed in one's ear.
6. It used to be the law in Hawaii that children had to obey all "lawful and moral" commands of their parents.
7. In Honolulu it is unlawful to annoy any bird within the limits of any public park.
8. It is illegal to appear in public wearing only swimming trunks.
9. It is illegal to own a mongoose without a permit.
Interesting facts about Hawaii
I found these interesting facts in Wikipedia and had to share them.
Hawaii is the only U.S. state that:
* is not geographically located in North America
* The Hawaiian alphabet consists of only twelve letters. The five vowels are A,E, I, O,U. And the seven consonants are H,K,L,M,N,P,W.
* The state of Hawaii is the most remote place on earth.
* grows coffee
* Hawaii is the only U.S. state whose land area is increasing (from volcanic eruptions).
* is completely surrounded by water
* is entirely an archipelago. Archipelago - a chain or cluster of islands that are formed tectonically. Tectonically - forces or movements that have operated in a region to create a particular structure.
* has a royal palace
* Hawaii produces about 320,000 tons of pineapple each year.
* does not have a straight line in it's state boundary
* Hawaii has the highest life expectancy in the United States.
6 things to do on your first trip to Hawaii
Hawaii's Official Tourism site has some wonderful suggestions on what to do on your first trip to Hawaii. I thought I would pass them along to you.
1. Visit Kauai's Napali Coast. While there you can take guided hikes, boat rides, air tours and take beautiful pictures.
2. Visit the USS Arizona and Missouri memorial in Oahy's Pearl Harbor. The tours are wonderful and the gift shops are unbeatable.
3. Take a mule ride down to the Kalaupapa Peninsula on Molokai.
4. Drive along the Munro Trail in Lanai. You will see incredible views as you hike, bike or ride off-road. And the photos you will be able to take will be incredible.
5. Take the long, winding scenic drive down the road to Hana on Maui. While you are taking in the scene you can take beautiful panoramic pictures. When you arrive you can swim, snorkel, and sunbathe at the Hana beach.
6. Visit the an active volcano at the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. There are three active volcanoes in Hawaii and they are Hawaii's number one visitor attraction. Give one a visit it will be an experience you will never forget.
- Top 10 Beaches on Kauai, Hawaii
Some of the world's most beautiful beaches are located on Kauai, the Garden Isle of Hawaii. This Top Ten List includes Hanalei Bay, Poipu, Anini, and Waimea.
- Hidden Hawaii: Historic Pahoa Village on the Big Isl...
Pahoa Village is an old plantation town on the Big Island. Interesting historic buildings, eclectic shopping/dining choices, and friendly local folks – make this quaint little town a must visit on your next trip to Hawaii.
- Horror in Hawaii-Thalia Massie's Lie Leads To Murder
In 1931 a spoiled young socialite told a tale that would have devastating consequences for the people of Hawaii-and cost a man his life.
- Hidden Hawaii: Star of the Sea Painted Church in Kal...
Star of the Sea, a historic 85 year-old church, houses an incredible display of hand-painted murals that preserve and tell a fascinating story of the people of Kalapana.
- Hawaii Road Trip: Around the Big Island in 3 days
Take the top off your rental convertible, put on your sunglasses and hit the road for a 3-day trip around the Big Island! Belting out your best rendition of “What A Wonderful World” is optional.
- Hidden Hawaii: The Haunted MacKenzie State Park
MacKenzie State Park is a remote but amazingly beautiful 13-acre park located in Puna on the Big Island. It is known as one of the most haunted places in Hawaii.
More by this Author
Alaska is one of the most beautiful state in North America. It is a spot where you have the best fishing and hunting along with views that you won't believe.
Montana is one of the most beautiful states I've seen. The mountains, streams, and lakes make it a nature lovers dream.
Different styles look better on some than others. We all want to look good, that's a given. To look your best, you need to dress for your body type.