Crazy Laws from Pennsylvania and Maryland
One of my all-time favorite things to do is read about the crazy laws that reside in just about every state. Some may surprise you and as far as I can tell these are all still on the books for each state.
o No more than two packages of beer at a time may be purchased, unless you are buying from an official "beer distributor"
o No motorized vehicles are to be sold on Sundays
o You cannot catch a fish with your hands (No hillbilly handfishin round here!)
o Fireworks stores in Pa are not allowed to sell fireworks to Pa residence
o It is against the law to have 16 women live in a house together, it is considered a brothel, but you can have up to 120 men live together and you break no laws.
o Any motorist who is driving along a country road during the night hours must stop every mile and set off a rocket signal then wait 10 minutes while the road is cleared of livestock then continue on. (Who thinks up this stuff?)
o It is illegal for all housewives to hide dirt under a rug
o Fire hydrants must be checked an hour before a fire (ummm….what?)
o It is illegal to sleep on top of a refrigerator (Thanks for letting us know)
o It is a misdemeanor to barter, buy or sell an infant (dang it!)
o The wearing of lead nipple shields is illegal (well I guess I better pack mine away then)
o A fortuneteller may not reveal where buried treasure is, it is a crime
o It is a crime to misuse a shopping cart ( guess I’ll have to find another way to move the bodies)
o A gallon of ice cream must weigh 4 and ½ pounds (we need this law!)
o Cleaning those fish you just caught on your boat is against the law
o It is illegal to polish your silverware with cyanide (why is this again?)
There are oh so many more but I think these would have to be the top one’s that I could find, I really think we should insist on the 4 and ½ pound of ice cream per gallon law that should be mandatory. Don’t think that it is only Pennsylvania that has such crazy laws, here’s some more:
It is against the law for a woman to go through her sleeping husbands pants pockets
· It is illegal to sell condoms in a vending machine unless alcohol is sold on the premises
· There is no swearing within the city limits of Baltimore (What the ****!)
· You cannot eat and swim in the ocean
· It is illegal to take a lion to the movies in Baltimore (ahhhh, now that sucks)
· It's illegal to play professional croquet before 2 p.m. on Sunday in Baltimore
· It is illegal to wash a sink no matter how dirty it gets in Baltimore (Sweet!)
· It is a violation to be in a public park with a sleeveless shirt on
· In the entire state of Maryland it is illegal to receive or give oral sex (enforcing this law would require many many man hours….ha-ha)
· Kisses lasting longer than one second are illegal
· There is to be no selling of chicks or ducks one week prior to Easter
· It is illegal to throw anything out a second story window
· It is a crime to mistreat oysters
· Clotheslines are banned but you can throw your drawers over the fence
· Men are prohibited from going topless on the boardwalk in Ocean City
I hope you have enjoyed reading through these silly laws and regulations from Pennsylvania and Maryland, I know I have had fun finding them.
Do you think we should enforce any of these crazy laws?See results without voting
More by this Author
Bamberg was a prison specifically built to house and torture people accused of witchcraft in the 1600's.
Have you ever seen something out of the corner of your eye and wondered if it was something other worldly?
A tragic tale of beauty and obsession.
No comments yet.