Decason Drugs Information
Decason (Dexamethasone) is a synthetic gluco-corticosteroid with anti-inflammatory and antihistaminic effects. It is 25 times more potent than hycirocortisone, but is totally devoid of sodium retaining effects. It restores the cardiac output and maintains tissue perfusion preventing any further cell damage. Decason saves life from crisis by providing vital time for diagnosis of the underlying cause.
- Bronchial asthma
- Status asthmatics
- Rheumatoid arthritis.
- Severe allergies
- Skin diseases
- Other indicators where glucocorticoid therapy is required.
- Acute conditions: First 2 days: 2 tablets 3 times daily. Next 2 days: 1 tablets 3 times daily. Last 2 days: ½ tablets 3 times daily.
- Chronic conditions: 1 tablets 3 times daily, for 2-3 weeks, thereafter ½ tablets to be tapered off during each next 2 weekly period, finally a daily dose of ½ tablet will be the maintenance dose.
- In emergency: 2-3 ml IV. Immediately.
- General therapy: 1ml IV, I’m or by any other route (depending on seventy of cases the dose can be increased or repeated).
- Cerebral oedema due to brain tumour or anoxis: 10mg immediately, then 4 mg 6 hourly i.m or i.v every 6-8 hours for 2-3 days.
- Cerebral oedema due to faloiparum malaria: 3-10 mg i.m or i.v every 6-8 hours for 2-3 days. Additional anti malarial therapy must be given i.v for 2-3 days.
Decason should be used with caution in patients with osteoporosis, cardiomyopathy, hyper tension, renal insufficiency and latent tuberculosis.
Systemic glucocorticoids are generally contraindicated in patients with cushings syndrome, gastrointestinal ulcers, systemic fungal infections and acute oral infactors.
- Decason Tablet: Each tablet contains 0.5 mg of Dexamethasone BP
- Decason Injection: Each ampoule (1 ml) contains 5 mg of Dexamethasone Sodium Phosphate BP
- Decason Tablet: Cartons of 10*10 tablets in bister strips.
- Decason Injection: 5 ampoules in bister packs.
More by this Author
1. Opening of Letter of Credit: Letter of Credit is an assurance of payment by the bank. It is an arrangement under which the bank at the request of the buyer or on its own undertakes to make payment to the seller...
Description: Solas (Mabendazole) is an effective and versatile broad spectrum anthelmintic agent; it eradicates warms by inhibiting nutrition uptake irreversibly. It is safe even in anaemic and mainutritive patients due...
Tax is a contribution exacted by the state. It is a non penal but compulsory and unrequited transfer of resources from the private to the public sector, levied on the basis of predetermined criteria. The classical...
No comments yet.