Types of Organization System
Management and strategic level system
There are so many types of organizational systems available in an organization. The systems depends with the activities and the number of staff it support. Below are the existing system found in an organization
Organaztion Management System
Monitors control, decision making and administrative activities of middle level managers. They try to answer questions like Which thing is working well by comparing days output with that of another month or year. They provide period reports rather than instant / daily information on operations e.g how the actual cost exceed it's budget.
- They support non routine decision making
- They focus on less structured decision for whichut information are not always clear.
- They answer what if questions?, try to achieve goals for the future e.g Ask question what could have been the impact on production?, schedules of uses the sale in August
- They get information they process from operational level systems e.g Information on market analysis anrd sales analysis e.t.c. They also get data from outside organization
Organisation Strategic Level System
Strategic are long term planning.
- They support long range planning in an organization
- Are used by senior level managers
- They help senior managers to tacle and address strategic issues and long term trends both in the organization and external environment
- They try to match changes in the external environment with the organization capabilities
- They deal with longterm relationship, like they ask Questions like what will be the employment level in 5yrs, What products should we be making in 5 yrs, can we open another branch in 5 years
Below are some of the characteristics
- They are unique and custom made
- They process external information
- Focus on Question that will influence the organization for a very long time
- Have very high analytic capability
- They allow stimulation, prototyping and modelling
- Are superior than other systems
- Have conversational interactive power
- Employ user friendly interface
Organisational Systems Reccommended Books
- Software Quality Assurance and Management
Software quality may be defined as conformance to explicitly functional and performance requirement explicitly documented developed standard and implicit characteristic that are expected of all professionally...
- Types of Organizational System
There are so many types of organizational systems available in an organization. The systems depends with the activities and the number of staff it support. Below are the existing system found in an...
- What is a data flow diagram? and DFD Symbols
Data flow diagram is a geographical tool that shows, process, flows, stores and external entities in a system. Dataflow diagram shows the transformation of data into a system. Dfd has got the following symbols...
- feasibility study
The contents of feasibility study should include 1. Project Name - Should be relevant to what you are going to achieve 2.Description of of the problem to be solved 3. It should have a statement of critical...
- System testing and implementation
More by this Author
Normalization of data can be defined as a process during which the existing tables of a database are tested to find certain data dependency between the column and the rows or normalizing of data can be referred to a...
Writing minutes these days is not left to the secretary alone. With the availability of portable computers you may attend a meeting without your secretary and you are required to produce minutes. Many people do not know...