Have no fear!
If you are having the classic signs of exam stress, namely lack of sleep and appetite, sweaty palms, nervousness, feeling like you've forgotten everything you've studied, then have no fear!
There are many things that you can do to relieve your stress before an exam. Some may help and some may not help, so don't think all of these things are a sure shot. Also, each tip I give may help one person, but may not help someone else. So please, do not get angry at me if something does not work for you.
1. Take some deep breaths while you are studying. This helps you to get more oxygen to your brain cells, and possibly even may help you get more information in there. You should also take some deep breaths during your exam, so that you can think better.
2. Write as you are studying. Studies have showed that writing helps people to remember the material better.
3. Try to understand what you are studying. Remembering the material is important, but you should also understand it because then you can remember it for a longer period of time. The information is always useful.
4. Get a good night's sleep the night before the exam. Your brain needs to process the information that you have learned, so a good night's sleep is the best way to rest while your brain processes all of the material. It helps you be fresh and recharged for your exam as well.
5. If you are not understanding what you are reading, ask a teacher or fellow student who does understand the material. Discussion is also another way to help you remember the material.
6. Most importantly, try to RELAX before your exam.
I hope that these tips have helped! Now go study for your exams and good luck!
More by this Author
Lack of consideration for others is a pet peeve of mine. Here are just a few things that happened. Comments, ideas and thoughts are welcomed!