Financial Wisdom From The Richest Man That Ever Lived
Here's books I recommend
Financial WIsdom From Proverbs
Money is a sore topic for a lot of people. It seems as though we either LOVE or HATE money. Either way, these attitudes will get us into trouble regarding money.
If we love it, we’ll end up doing something that isn’t right and compromise our integrity. And if we hate it, we’ll end up driving it away from us. So, what’s the proper perspective on money? The proper attitude that I see reading the Proverbs written by King Solomon, is to put it in it's place; that of servant. It serves us, and we are it's master, not the other way around.
Let’s take a look at the wisdom of King Solomon. He was the richest man that ever lived and he was also the WISEST man that ever lived. What I gather from his writings is that it takes wisdom to handle money.
Here’s some of the principles I found from King Solomon.
1. Money comes to those who are wise and who seek out wisdom.
2. People who seek out wise counsel prosper.
3. Lazy people will never be prosperous.
4. Diligent, honest and consistent hard-working people who are wise will prosper.
5. NEVER co-sign for a loan. In fact, he tells us if we do happen to do it to go back to the person and BEG to get out of it!
6. If you borrow, you are a SLAVE to that person or company.
7. Learning what to say or not to say and when to say it will impact your pocketbook.
8. Giving people get back more and stingy people lack.
9. Honoring the Lord with your substance gives God space to bless you back.
10. Those who help the poor will be remembered by the Lord.
11. People who are greedy to gain – it takes away their life.
12. Men and women who get caught up in adultery, Solomon said that others will be filled with their wealth, as they will lose it.
13. Consider the ant, how they work without a master and they work to provide food for the winter.
14. The blessings of the Lord makes rich and adds no sorrow. His riches don’t have the sorrow attached to it like the riches gotten without Him or His wisdom.
Don’t take my word for it. Check out these proverbs for yourself. Here’s a list of financial proverbs you can look up and become wise from:
Proverbs 1:13-14; 1:19; 2:4; 3:9-10; 3:14-16; 3:27-28, 3:33; 5:10-14; 6:1-2;6:6-11; 6:30-31; 8:10; 8:18-21; 9:1-3; 10:2-5; 10:15; 10:22; 10:15-16; 10:22-24; 11:1-4; 11:11; 11:23-28; 12:5; 12:11-12; 12:24; 13:2;-4; 13:27; 14:1-4;15:16-27; 16:11; 17:2-11; 17:23; 18:9-11; 18:23; 19:1; 19:7-17; 19:22-24; 20:4; 20:10-15;
According to King Solomon, wisdom is to be sought after as if it were silver or gold.
Hope you’ll look for some gold today!
Something to ponder….
Until next time!
Delighting Daily By Linda Cross
LINDA FAVORITE LINKS
Linda's Videos and Blog
Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University
- Financial Peace University
Real debt help is not quick or easy. Quick, pain-free fixes like debt consolidation, debt management, and bankruptcy actually cause you more harm than good. These services almost never solve the true problem - your behavior. The only way to get out o
More by this Author
What I've learned - good and bad from GOAL SETTING for the past 20 years. Things that inspire, as well as provide practical tips for success in life.