Fun Facts: Blue Laws of the USA - Part 2
A Few More of Our 50 States
- It is illegal to sleep on top of a refrigerator outdoors.
- A special cleaning ordinance bans housewives from hiding dirt and dust under a rug in a dwelling.
- You may not sing in the bathtub.
- You may not catch a fish with your hands.
- You may not catch a fish by any body part except the mouth.
- Performing a U-turn within 1,000 feet of an intersection is illegal.
- Horses may not be kept in bathtubs.
- It is a capital offense to inadvertently kill someone while attempting suicide.
- No horses are allowed into Fountain Inn unless they are wearing pants.
- It is illegal to lie down and fall asleep in a cheese factory.
- Movies that show police officers being struck, beaten, or treated in an offensive manner are forbidden.
- At one time it was illegal to tie a giraffe to a telephone pole.
- All residents shall bathe every Saturday night.
- There is a state law prohibiting “corrupt practices of bribery by any person other than candidates.
- You may not engage in business on Sundays, with the exception of almost every industry.
- Children are not to go trick-or-treating on Halloween.
- It is illegal to tickle women.
- Spitting on a sea gull is not tolerated.
- It is legal for a male to have sex with an animal as long as it does not exceed 40 lbs.
- Roadkill may be taken home for supper.
- Whistling underwater is prohibited.
- Using a firearm to fish is strictly forbidden.
- You may not take a picture of a rabbit from January to April without an official permit.
Do You Want To Know More?
- Dumb Laws, Stupid Laws: We have weird laws, strange laws, and just plain crazy laws!
You won't believe the crazy laws in the United States, Canada, and around the world. We have dumb laws in California, New York, Florida...
- Fun Facts: Blue Laws of the USA - Part 1
America: Land of the free and home of the brave. The land of opportunity. The land with a rich history and a diverse culture. It is also the land of what the heck were they thinking? Im talking about...
More by this Author
The Wiccan celebration of Yule has many aspects, but it is easy to make it your own.
My past, present and future as part of my college journey.
The United States have laws that protect us and give us order. But there are some laws that are still on the book for reasons known only to generations past.