Drawing Inspiration: How and Where to Get Inspired
books to inspire:
Inspiration helps us dream to reach our goals. Whether it be getting a new career, creating a piece of music or art, or learning to help others, inspiration helps us with our endeavors. Inspiration encourages us to act.
What is Inspiration?
Inspiration is the arousing within the mind of some idea or feeling, or even an impulse, and the arousal leads to creative action. Sometimes this creative action can change the course of one's life or change the lives of many people. Other times inspiration affects on a much smaller scale. For example, a young child is inspired to draw a picture for a friend.
Inspiration is a unique part of the human experience; it is sparks of many fires that enlighten our world. Inspiration brings us together and allows us to share an individual expression of ourselves.
An amazing aspect of inspiration is the dominoe effect. This happens when one person is inspired to act, and those actions in turn inspire someone else to act. Like a row of dominoes falling, inspiration can spread as one act leads to another, and to another, and another.
How we get inspired
Each individual is inspired by different things. For some inspiration springs from religion and strong beliefs. Others are inspired by people or surroundings. Consider what and who inspires you.
Exposure to people
- Children: Children can be a wonderful source of inspiration because they are young and see the world differently than adults do. Children can inspire us to see the world from another perspective.
- Friends and family: Because they are so near and dear do us, friends and family can inspire us. Often they share our ideals and values, and they encourage us.
- Heroes: People we admire inspire us because they are role models. We admire what they have done, and we strive to be like them.
Exposure to places and things
- Nature: Whether it be the sound of the waves or the wind, or the beauty of a sunset, many are inspired by nature. For some, nature is a manifestation of a being much greater than ouselves, God.
- Art: It can be music or sculpture or a painting, but forms of art often inspire us to create or act, to do something. We are moved by what we see or hear, and we must respond in some way.
Inspiration ultimately comes from within. You choose to be inspired by people, surroundings, events and ideas. The creative action that develops from inspiration flows from your spirit and is connected to your soul. Inspiration spurs you to act and express yourself to the rest of the world.
Without inspiration our world would be a dreary place. Look around you and get inspired. Share your inspirations, your dreams. Strive to make your inspirations a reality and share that reality with others -- this enriches our lives.
For more information on inspiration see:
Quotes and Music to Inspire
What People Are Inspired By
Where does inspiration most often come from for you?See results without voting
More by this Author
One can learn a lot about life from fishing. Some of these life lessons include: be patient, small acts can affect people in big ways, there's an appropriate time for everything, and avoid over-exaggeration. Also, get...
Elders, or senior citizens, are often unappreciated in the United States because our culture is very youth-oriented. We fail to appreciate our elders and recognize their wisdom and their sense of calm. Parents,...
Children with asperger's syndrome experience difficulties associated with theory of mind, also known as mindblindness. The asperger child has difficluty making inferences as demonstrated through black-and-white...