Real Homework Excuses I Have Heard
Got Difficult Homework? Perhaps You Need An Excuse.
Excuses For Not Doing Or Submitting Homework
Some of these I have heard from GED and college prep students. Others came to me through emails. Some I just made up and cannot use, so perhaps I can rent them out.
For the Teachers...
- I just saw it on the New York Times Bestsellers List, so that means that someone stole it.
- I had better things to do.
- I didn't do it because I didn't want to add to my teacher's heavy workload.
- My mom's whooping cough vaccination wore off and we had to go to the hospital.
- I accidentally divided by zero and my paper burst into flames.
- I hired a paper writing company and they did it in Chinese.
- To the teacher who asks why homework was not turned in on the day due: "You did not ask me for it."
- I could only get arbitrarily close to my textbook. I couldn't actually reach it.
- I needed a mental health day.
- I made a paper plane out of it and it got hijacked.
- My Dad accidentally put it in his briefcase and took it to work.
- I put it in the safe, but lost the combination.
- I have the mathematical proof, but there isn't room to write it in the margin.
- I have a solar powered calculator and it was cloudy that day.
- I left it at Mom's house when she took me back to Dad's house.
- I loaned it to a friend, but he moved away.
- My printer broke and my disk is corrupted. Unfortunately my computer crashed this morning as well.
- I left it in my shirt and my mother put the shirt in the wash.
- My internet access was down (for emailed assignments).
- A sudden wind blew it out of my hand and I never saw it again.
- I was kidnapped by terrorists and they only just let me go, so I didn't have time to do it.
- Another student fell in a lake, and I jumped in to rescue him but unfortunately my homework drowned.
- It was in my back pocket and a pickpocket stole it.
- I left it in a hymn book in the choir loft, having used it to mark my solo.
- I left it in the back of the truck when we went deer hunting.
- My flash drive exploded..
- I dropped it in the toilet accidentally and it got flushed.
- I gave it to a homeless man to line his hat with.
- I fell asleep trying to do it and I just woke up 10 minutes ago and was nearly late for school
- My notebook got stolen in the school cafeteria and it had all my work in it.
Here's a gem! -
- I can't always spell correctly, because I have a neurological deficit. hahaha
© 2007 Patty Inglish
More by this Author
Many teachers quit because the job is becoming too difficult. Some school principals and school district administrators practice micromanagement and insist on restrictive obstacles. Can we change?
Which phrase is correct in proper English grammar–"in person" or "in-person"? Is it an adjective or an adverb? The answer depends on context.
Since 2010, news from BLOOMBERG BUSINESSWEEK has been that Canada and Australia were little touched by The Great Recession. New jobs continue to increase.