How To Make Compaction Curve in Excel Spreadsheet
A Step by Step Guide:
Compaction curve is necessary in interpreting the resulting data of the soil density test either done in field or in the laboratory in where you can easily see the maximum value of dry density of a soil to it's optimum water content.
Here's how to plot the curve in excel spreadsheet:
- Consider the resulting data below for the proctor test done in the materials testing laboratory.
2. In the “Insert” Tool, click Scatter and choose “Scatter with Smooth Line and Markers” as your chart type.
3. In “Chart Layout” Tool, select Layout 1, then Click “Select Data” Tool.
4. Select the data series from left to right as shown below and click “OK”.
5. This is how it looks.
6. Congratulations! Now you have the soil compaction curve.
More by this Author
1. Consider the data below. 2. In the "Insert" menu, selec "Scatter with only markers" as your chart type. Then select "Layout 1" as your chart layout. 3. In Page layout menu, click...
In this tutorial, it will help you to create gradation graph in excel format. A graph plotted using logarithmic scale.