How To Protect Yourself Against The Arizona Bark Scorpions
Many Scorpions Hide In shrubs, PlantsFlower Gardens and Trees Before Making Their Way Inside Your Home
The Garden Is In Full Bloom
Arizona Is Beautiful This Time Of Year!
While most of the country is braving the cold, Arizona Natives are embracing the warm weather. Relaxing next to the pool is a common pleasure.
One of my favorite gratifications is admiring my garden. Peaceful pink rose bushes bloom this time of year, its leaves feel as soft as silk. Pink and yellow flowers decorate the walkway.
The towering palm trees allow the break of light to beam through their split elongated leaves.
The African Violets sprinkled throughout the garden make the surrounding a perfect paradise. I must agree to the wise biblical acknowledgement in reference to the lilies, "That not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these."
Taking In the Beautiful Enviroment Is Easy To Do
Just As I Am Confident That I Have Found The Perfect Place To Live An Uninvited Guest Appears
The Arizona Bark Scorpion
The Arizona Bark Scorpions have invaded my home to the point in which I had to call out an exterminator.
These venomous creatures rattle my inner being. The word VENOMOUS could be the reason why I do not take kindly to Scorpions.
The Arizona Bark Scorpion is a poisonous scorpion, and its toxin can cause relentless discomfort. The stinging pain could lead to The following.
- Bowel Troubles.
The discomfort could last anywhere from 24 to 72 hours. The pain is described as a electrical shock which radiates throughout infected area.
How To Treat An Attack:
- disinfect the area with soap and water
- Apply a cool compress towel to the area. (Ice is not recommended as it could cause shock being that the stinging pain is severe.)
- Take acetaminophen or ibuprofen to ease the swelling.
It's A Family Affair
The Life Span Of The Arizona Bark Scorpions
Arizona bark scorpions are carried onto their mother's back, in which the mom usually gives birth to 25 to 35 baby scorpions, almost the size of a penny. The mom itself is the size of a quarter if not wider and longer due to its tail, she is also carrying one of her babies upon her back.
The babies are cared for by their mother for three weeks.
Arizona bark scorpions can live up to six years. Scorpions are found in dry heated conditions, they are nocturnal and will roam at night looking for food,which consist of bugs.
The Scorpion cannot survive in cold weather.
Three Important Steps That Will Help Secure Your Saftey
- Hire an Exterminator that is specifically equipped to handle scorpions. Scorpions have thick armor which makes them rather difficult to kill. Certain pesticides are used to penetrate through the scorpions exterior.
- Plug your drains and seal your doors. Scorpions come into the home through the drain and unsealed door sweeps. Keep drains plugged and seal in your door.
- Shake out your shoes. Scorpions like to hide in dark places make sure you give your shoes a firm shaking before you wear them.
Are Cats Immune To Scorpion Venom?
Cats Are Not Immune to Scorpion Venom.
Through research finds that cats are more alert when it comes to creepy crawly intruders. I'm sure that there are cats that have been stung by a scorpion, however most cats are very cautious. Cats are great to have around to detect uninvited pest.
Cat Vs. The Arizona Bark Scorpion
The Unwanted Pest Poll.
What Pest Frighten You The Most?See results without voting
More by this Author
Arizona's history is inspired by ancient tribes who used their resources to farm, and make unique crafts. The Hohokam tribe is one of the most interesting tribes that no longer exist.
- 12Life Through The Eyes Of A Young Soldier Serving in the 821st Safe Side Division in South Vietnam 1968
In 1968, Airman First Class Douglas L. Williams was called upon to serve In the Air Force’s Safe Side Program. The Air Force founded the 559-man Combat Security Police Squadrons.
I’ve been having an affair with my boss for the past month, and now he is showing favoritism towards me. Some of my co-workers are upset, in which they have their reasons.