How to get rid of Ants Dust mites Cockroaches Bugs Fleas and Mosquitoes Fast | Home Remedies
Get rid of every insects!
Did you know that more than half of the animal kingdom is represented by insects ? And the number is increasing day by day, which is why it is not difficult to understand why these tiny creatures become an intimate part of our homes. We find them in the air, carpets, tables and cupboards, in the city as in the countryside every house shares a lot of space with these small and often invisible invaders. The most common remedies on the market often are pesticides. But we do not need them.
Then how do we keep insects away respecting the environment? By adopting natural remedies, non-toxic and easy to do even without the help of others. The solutions are many, let's see some of them.
Getting Rid of Ants
We know, once they get inside, it is very difficult to get rid of them. They manage to get into all the cracks available, in the kitchen, pantries, every corner of the house. As the saying goes "Prevention is better than cure", so the first line of defense is to protect ourselves from arrival of the ants , remove anything that may attract them : keep the doors and cabinets clean of crumbs and sticky spots, close the container of the sugar and put the jar of honey in a plastic bag. Get rid of all sources of water, such as dripping faucets or dishes left soaking overnight.
But if all these preventive measures are not enough, there are other possible measures to be taken :
- Soap water: Ants do not like the soap. Keep in hand, a spray of soapy water and you can spray it on the tireless workers to remove them.
- Cucumber peels: Place the peels or slices of cucumber in the kitchen at the point where you see the ants appear from the wall. Many ants have a natural aversion to this vegetable. PS: the bitter cucumbers work best.
- Mint teabags: Leave a couple of bags of mint tea near the points where the ants seem most active. Mint is an excellent remedy .
- Cayenne pepper: The ants will not cross cayenne pepper, citrus oil (which you may soak in a piece of string), lemon juice, cinnamon and coffee grounds ever. You can draw a line in the way with these.
- Borax: Mix one liter of water with a teaspoon of Borax (sodium borate) and a cup of sugar. Soak cotton balls in the solution, place them in a small container of yogurt with perforated lid to allow access of ants. Place the container in a place where you see ants. The jar will act as bait for the entire colony of ants and substances will be deadly to small insects. Caution, it is important that you use it only inside the apartment and you must keep it away from pets and children.
Or check out the most effective home remedies against ants ever.
How to make ant spray
Getting Rid of Dust mites
Visible only under a microscope, often are a source of very annoying allergies , dust mites lurk everywhere in the house. Beds, clothes, furniture and shelves are full of them. What are simple remedies to reduce the silent presence of these pesky mites?
- Cover mattresses and pillows with special covers made of waterproof material such as Gore-Tex and bodies with linen bed. Always prefer synthetic materials.
- Wash the sheets at high temperatures , minimum 55 °. Detergents and commercial products for laundry, in fact, have no effect on mites, the only remedy is the use of high temperatures during washing.
- Tannic acid neutralizes the allergens and dust mites than those of animal dander. Sprinkle in very dusty areas, a little tannic acid.
- In extreme cases, cover mattresses and pillows with the cellophane, sealed plastic covers that prevent the penetration of dust mites. Avoid headboards upholstered in fabric.
- Cover the heating ducts with filters to trap tiny dust particles of size less than 10 microns.
- Avoid the use of humidifiers; mites thrive on heat and moisture.
Not enough home remedies against bed bugs and dust mites? Check out The Ultimate Bed Bug Guide
Getting Rid of Bugs
In nature there are over 4000 species of bugs divided into six families.They tend to spread a little everywhere in the world, compared with ladybugs, bees, butterflies and beetles are not a great example of beauty. We can definitely say that the best defense is a clean kitchen and a clean bathroom . If cockroaches are a problem in your apartment, clean up affected area and always seal the vacuum cleaner bag before throwing it.
The Catnip is a natural repellent to cockroaches. The active substance is made up of nepetalactone, which is non-toxic to humans and pets. You can put small sachets of catnip in the areas of cockroaches. Catnip can also be cooked in a small amount of water to make a kind of infusion that can then be used as a spray to be applied around the baseboards and behind the counters. Remember that this natural repellent should only be used in homes without cats!
The soap does not disappoint even in the case of cockroaches. Keep a spray bottle of soapy water handy. Spray the mixture of water and soap on cockroaches, will be lethal for them.
Bay leaves and cucumber slices
Leave the bay leaves , the cucumber slices or some clove of garlic in the affected area, will be great natural deterrents.
It is a little known fact that cockroaches adore the high places . But you will see that if you pour boric acid on the top surface of your furniture in the kitchen, or in the space that remains between the cabinet and the ceiling, cockroaches will carry boric acid with them up to their nests, thus condemning all other roaches. It's a little harmful than the other remedies, because its toxic if taken orally, boric acid is an extreme remedy, which should be kept out of the reach of children and pets.
Getting Rid of Fleas
Fleas usually enter into your home through your pets. Remember that for every flea on your dog or cat, there may be up to 30 fleas in your home environment. So, how to get rid of this? Before using any type of pesticide, try these remedies, simple and safer:
- Wash and comb your pet regularly. Use a mild soap, not insecticides. If fleas are on the comb, dip the comb in a glass of soapy water .
- The citrus fruits are a natural flea deterrent. Pour a cup of boiling water over a few slices of lemon, and include the lemon zest also, helps to release more citrus acid. Let this mixture to soak overnight, then use the solution with a sponge on your dog to kill fleas instantly. However, do not use the citrus oil on cats because it may cause irritation.
- Add a bit of brewer's yeast and garlic, or apple cider vinegar to your pet's food. Attention, despite its beneficial properties, it is better not to give raw garlic to your cat because it may cause unwanted side effects.
- Shampoo of cedar, cedar oil and mattresses treated with cedar are commercially available. Cedar is able to reject many insects including fleas.
- Fleas in the living room carpets? Arm yourself with vacuum cleaner and use particularly in areas with less movement, such as under furniture, corners of room etc.
- Create a homemade flea trap. Use a large shallow pan, fill half with soapy water. Place it on the floor and place a lighted lamp above the water. Due to the heat of the lamp fleas will jump in the water and the detergent will prevent the flea to stand out trapping them.
- In your garden, sow some plants which 'repel fleas' . Many species have an annual growth rate of about nine inches and produce some very beautiful flowers including daisies and violets.
- Non-toxic traps for fleas are commercially available. Many of these traps are inexpensive and very effective.
Get rid of fruit files easily
- How to get rid of Fruit Flies and prevent them from Coming Back
Have you been tortured by fruit flies?? Here are some simple tips to get rid of fruit flies in the kitchen and plants.
Getting Rid of Mosquitoes
The first line of defense against mosquitoes is to seal and close the most possible access to the apartment. Usually mosquitoes are most active in the early morning and early evening. A question arises, why they seek refuge in our homes? It's simple, the rooms of the apartment are for their peaceful, places of escape from the breeze outside. So be careful to keep windows and doors closed on the side of the house exposed to the breeze.
Here are some simple remedies to prevent them from entering the house:
- The first thing you can get rid of any source of stagnant water. Change the water often from cages for birds, that of the children's pools and water bowl for pets, at least twice a week. Keep your gutters clean and well drained. In the courtyard remove all possible elements and containers that collect rainwater.
- If you use the barbecue, throw a bit of sage or rosemary on the coals to repel mosquitoes.
- Like vampires, even the mosquitoes hate garlic. You can create an effective natural repellent by mixing one tablespoon garlic juice with 5 cups of water in a spray bottle . Shake well before use, spray it lightly on your body parts most exposed to mosquitoes, is an excellent repellent that is effective for up to 5-6 hours. You can also soak in this mixture few strips of cloth and hang it in open areas such as gardens and terraces. All garlic based repellents commercially available repel mosquitoes and their larvae up to a period of four weeks.
- Do you know the neem oil? Its a natural vegetable oil extracted from the Neem tree which is found in India. The leaves and seeds from which the oil is extracted contain a compound that has properties as repellents against mosquitoes. Neem oil is a natural product and safe to use.
- Plant marigolds around the yard, they work as a natural repellent against insects in general, in fact, the flowers give off an unpleasant scent for flying insects.
- Another remedy for mosquitoes are the classic electric traps. This type of trap does not use any type of chemicals, nor propane gas.
- Citronella: It comes from Thai herb and is a very effective natural repellent against insects and mosquitoes in particular. Citronella oil is a natural, can be easily purchased from supermarkets and shops for gardening, which grows in bushes.
More by this Author
List of 5 extremely dangerous and poisonous spiders in the world.
Have you been tortured by fruit flies?? Here are some simple tips to eliminate fruit flies in the kitchen and plants.
Compared, with pros and cons: Linksys WRT1900AC, ASUS RT-N66U N900, Netgear N900, NETGEAR N750, TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND V2 (N300), D-Link DIR-655, ZyXEL NBG5715, and others.
No comments yet.