How to make a Volcano - Easy Erupting Volcano for Science project
Here is a way to make a erupting volcano model for your school science project . The method used in this article is the simplest of all , low cost and less time consuming.
You'd be guided step by step along with a relevant picture. I've also made a video of the whole process which you can find at the end of the article.
Do drop a comment if you try this method. Let me know if it helped you.
Lets get to work .
To make the volcano you'll need
- 1 Strong Cardboard, 60" x 60"
- 1 Roll of medical bandage
- 1 Empty plastic bottle
- 1 Paint brush, of any size
- Some glue
- Few drops of soap solution
- 2 table spoons of vinegar
- 1/2 glass of water
- 1 roll of tape
- Brown watercolor
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda
- A pinch of orange food color, diluted in water
- 1 thermocol sheet, 15" x 15"
- 1 bunch of old newspaper
Instructions for making the Volcano
- Use the cardboard as the base of the volcano. Place it on the table or floor.
- Cut the thermocol sheet into a circle.
- Place the bottle over the thermocol sheet and draw the outline of the bottle on it.
- Cut along the drawn outline .
- Insert the bottle into the so formed hole.
- Crush the newspapers .
- Tape them to the cardboard one over the other to form half of a pyramid shape.
- Place the thermocol sheet (with the bottle inserted) on the half constructed pyramid.
- Cover the whole bottle with paper to form the rest of the pyramid shape .
- Apply glue throughout the volcano.
- Stick the medical bandage all over the volcano to hide the paper.
- Paint the volcano with brown water color.
- To make the volcano erupt , take half a glass of water.
- Add diluted food color , 2 tbsp of baking soda and few drops of soap solution.
- Stir this mixture well.
- Pour this solution into the bottle i.e ., inside the volcano.
- For erupting the volcano pour about 2 tbsp of vinegar into the bottle containing the pre-prepared solution.
Tadan !! We'r done .
See the volcano erupt like real.
A Short Video Showing How to Make a Volcano
Is this not easy and economical ?
All the best for your project .
Comment below with your views and ideas . Good day !
More by this Author
This story of balaji / srinivasa is well presented in simple language and with attractive pictures.
Are you steady , Influential, dominating , or compliant ? Know yourself better with this simple five minutes personality test based on DISC theory .
Here is a very simple explanation of the Hanuman Chalisa with pictures to help you understand it better.It also features a video created by one of the followers of this article based on the pictures used to explain the...