I Never Thought Of That IV....Helpful Hints...How to Rev Up The Metabolism
More Good Advice
This is the latest installment of what I consider random tips and hints for everyday living.
- Say, here's one girls, want to keep your cologne, or perfume smelling as fresh as when you first applied it. Well, what you do is as soon as you get out of the bath/shower, and immediately after towel drying, apply your fragrance, then cover it with a light oil, (baby oil, vitamin e oil etc). By the way pulse spots are not the only place to apply. The suggestion is outer arms, shoulders, inner thigh and other non pulse spots. I've used the method for years and believe me it works, I never have to reapply my fragrance during the day. Depending on the quality of said fragrance, I've had to wash it off the next morning. By the way this even works with the least expensive cologne's.
- I just heard of a new way of walking to rev up the metabolism. It only takes 20 minutes. The suggestion is to walk normally for one minute, then switch it up and walk rapidly for a minute, alternate between the two for twenty minutes. The fast walk should be as if you're in a hurry to make a deadline. Obviously the longer the better, but 20 minutes is the minimum.
- Shop your neighborhood small business, to help them remain in business. Suppose you needed milk in the middle of the night, and because you didn't support them they are not there for you, (I'm just saying).
- Have you heard the one about using shaving cream to keep your windshield from fogging up. Well, here it is, you apply shaving cream to the inside and outside of the windshield, and wipe it off with a paper towel. Sounds good to me, I'll have to try this one.
- Rough or calloused hands or feet? Soak, or just wash them, after towel drying, apply a good moisturizer, preferably a good oil,(baby or vitamin E), petroleum jelly is actually the best for this For the feet put on a pair of cotton socks. And for the hands a pair of cotton gloves, but hey if you don't have gloves, how about those same cotton socks. Do this before you go to bed and watch those rough or calloused extremities become baby soft.
- Hey ladies, here is another good one. Know that dried out mascara, don't throw the wand away. It can be used, after a good cleaning, for a number of things. One way to use it is as a fingernail cleaner, especially short ones. I tried it and it works wonders, I keep one in my bathroom for just that purpose. Also, other uses for the brush is to clean jewelry, or small cracks or crevices. You can probably think of more uses for the brush.
So there it is, the 4th installment of my, "I Never Thought Of That," series. Stay tuned, for the next installment.
- Rev Up Your Metabolism
Why eating more often can help you lose weight from your About.com Exercise Guide
- How Can You Burn More Calories? - Weight Loss Solutions
If youre looking for weight loss solutions then you need to figure out simple ways you can burn more calories. When you make slight changes in your level of activity, your diet and implement a better...
More by this Author
One of our all time favorite comedians, Sinbad.
Do you want to be a contestant on the price is right instead of just being a spectator? By following the suggestions herein you have a better chance of being chosen.
Have you ever wondered who your elders are, and what they have to offer? Well read on and see just who they could be and what advice they might have to offer.