I Never Thought Of That V....Helpful Hints...Remedy for Doggy Odor
I Never Thought Of That
Okay here's the newest installment of "I never thought of that....Helpful Hints"
- Love your puppy, but hate the wet dog smell, well here's a rainy day remedy for dog odor: The next time your dog comes in from the rain, just wipe down the animal with Bounce or any dryer sheet, and voila, instantly your dog smells springtime fresh.
- I don't allow the chewing of gum by children in my home, and that's largely because I had bad experiences early on in my young motherhood. However, I wish I'd had this gum removal tip: The advice is to loop a piece of duct tape around index, and middle fingers with the sticky side out. Pressing the tape to the gum, and quickly pulling it up repeatedly until all the gum is gone.
- Long rides to and from work? How about listening to audio books. Research reveals it is relaxing, and improves focus. My daughter has a lead driving foot, she's convinced that it slows her down, well the jury is still out on that one.
- I'm all about fresh scent, so one of my favorite tips is to place a few drops of essential oil on the top of your light bulb. When the bulb heats up the your fragrance is emitted. My favorite is lavender oil, which I have on hand at all times.
- Want a rice dish that's a little different from what you're use to. Try using the drippings from your baked chicken. Here's what I do, because I bake my chicken more often than not, and usually serve rice with it, (arroz con pollo), this tip is a favorite. Midway through the chicken cooking process I pour the well seasoned dripping into my uncooked rice with the required amount of water, cook, and yum, I have a tasty rice dish that's very palate pleasing.
- I received a call the other day from a "Cancer Support" charity, and right away upon hearing the word cancer I immediately pledged a donation. When I heard cancer I actually didn't listen anymore, thinking the telemarketer said Cancer Society. After I received the pledge card I still didn't pay attention, but a little voice said "read the pledge card," I did, and Cancer Society it wasn't. I then decided to Google the "charity," and to my surprise the "charity" had an unsavory reputation. So, my suggestion, if you are the charitable type, Google or research the charity before you randomly give your hard earned money.
So there you have it the fifth installment. I hope you'll be able to use at least one of these tips. Please come back for subsequent installments. Also if you haven't seen the entire series, please click on the links below.
Follow the series
- I Never Thought Of That
Have you ever said, concerning some simple occurrence, or situation, "I never thought of that?" Well it's in that spirit that I write this hub. As you read you'll see a few of the tidbits, maybe some...
- I Never Thought Of That ll
Nothing special, just a pretty picture! While writing my first hub on the subject of things that I never thought of, I thought what a novel way to share our wealth of knowledge with one another. I've decided...
- I Never Thought Of That lll
A serene setting As promised in part one of this series, I Never Thought Of That, I would continue this as long as it held my interest, so here's another installment. As you will notice some will be things...
- I Never Thought Of That IV
This means nothing, I just needed a picture for the article. This is the latest installment of what I consider random tips and hints for everyday living. Say, here's one girls, want to keep your...
More by this Author
I don't know where we stand on the retail industry, as far as live salespersons. However, personal success in the industry depends upon the how well the salesperson, first knows about her/his craft, also how well they...
Have you ever wondered who your elders are, and what they have to offer? Well read on and see just who they could be and what advice they might have to offer.
One of our all time favorite comedians, Sinbad.