I Never Thought Of That VI....Helpful Hints...How To Remove Grass Stains
Well, here's my newest installment of my ideas of helpful, but random tips.
- Kids and stains sometimes seem synonymous. If you have children stains are inevitable, crayons, grass, food, and more. It's not just children that this happens to. Well anyway, I have a couple of good ones. I just read one on grass stains that I never heard before. Before washing, sprinkle a meat tenderizer on the stain. It appears that water mixed with the tenderizer works wonders. Oh, and here's a really good one to remove chewing gum from fabric. The suggestion is to saturate the gum with vinegar, (warmed is better and works faster), work the vinegar into the gum with an old toothbrush. The vinegar dissolves the gum. How about removing crayon from your beautifully painted walls. A really simple method is to mix baking soda with water making a paste, apply it to a sponge, and gently wipe away the marks.
- This is probably one of those "duh" tips. I'll just give it anyway. I've had to learn to live as an empty nester.(The Pros And Cons of Being An Empty Nester). Well, one thing I learned is to store my food in smaller portions. I find that it's still more economical to buy in larger portions than smaller ones, so I still do, As soon as I get home from the grocery store I separate my meat into smaller portions. Another thing I do along with that is to put meats on one shelf and frozen veggies on another, so no digging in the freezer for a daily meal.
- Since we won't be getting rid of plastic grocery bags any time soon, and most of us reuse them for various and sundry things. Let's see if we can offer some suggestions on storage and usage. Storage: I just knew those empty paper towel rolls would come in handy, how about stuffing plastic bags inside one by one, and these can then be stored in a drawer designated just for them. Usage: I have used them as packing material. And the tried and trusted indoor trash container liner. When using them as liners always place a few in the bottom of the container(trash can), for future use. I really like the Target bags for my larger trash containers. Before I toss food in my kitchen garbage I dump it into about two plastic bags and tie them to keep in the odor until I take it to the outside garbage.
- Here's a really good garage organizer that my husband used. Can't find the right nail, screw, small attaching items without pulling out every one each time you need one. Well, no more. Got empty glass or clear plastic jars, (coffee, mayo, etc.) with lids. Here's the tip, attach, with a screw, the lid to the bottom of a shelf or cabinet, and after filling them with the desired items, screw the container to the lid, and now you know where everything is without having to rummage through every draw, box, can, etc in your garage.
- Stove top cleaning made simple if not easy. Seriously cruddy drip pans: Boil a large pot of water and pour in about a cup of powder dishwasher detergent, dishwasher, not dish washing, making sure the detergent is completely dissolved. With a pair of tongs lower each pan into the water, and boil for about 5 minutes, let stand over night. In a sink full of hot soapy water scrub the pans. This might seem excessive, however the alternative is to toss them.
So now, there you have it, I hope you can use at least one of my so called "helpful tips. Please come back for the next installment.
If you haven't read the prior articles in the series, please check the links below.
- I Never Thought Of That V
Okay here's the newest installment of "I never thought of that." Love your puppy, but hate the wet dog smell, well here's a rainy day cure for dog odor: The next time your dog comes in from the rain,...
- I Never Thought Of That IV
This means nothing, I just needed a picture for the article. This is the latest installment of what I consider random tips and hints for everyday living. Say, here's one girls, want to keep your...
- I Never Thought Of That lll
A serene setting As promised in part one of this series, I Never Thought Of That, I would continue this as long as it held my interest, so here's another installment. As you will notice some will be things...
- I Never Thought Of That ll
Nothing special, just a pretty picture! While writing my first hub on the subject of things that I never thought of, I thought what a novel way to share our wealth of knowledge with one another. I've decided...
- I Never Thought Of That
Have you ever said, concerning some simple occurrence, or situation, "I never thought of that?" Well it's in that spirit that I write this hub. As you read you'll see a few of the tidbits, maybe some...
More by this Author
Do you want to be a contestant on the price is right instead of just being a spectator? By following the suggestions herein you have a better chance of being chosen.
One of our all time favorite comedians, Sinbad.
"I can never do anything right." Is that how you feel, or, is that what you're always told? Does it seem that every endeavor you attempt, falls far short of it's intended goal?