I Never Thought Of That VII....Helpful Hints...How to Clean Tile Grout
Have You Ever Thought Of This
- Hey I got a good one. Do you have that "friend" who calls you up and it's always all about them, and you just have to sit and listen, and make an obligatory comment every now and then. Don't avoid their calls, because they might just need to vent, however, you might not want to listen this time. Well, here's what you do, get in when you can and make it all about you, and don't stop until they say "uncle." Once you begin to talk about yourself they lose steam, and all of a sudden they must go, they suddenly remember something that they have to do, works every time. So if you're that "friend" remember life is not all about you, (I'm just saying).
- I don't know how many people still have these, but I do. That is grouted ceramic tiles in the kitchen or bath. I'm a chlorine bleach girl myself, so I just bleach them on a regular basis. However, there are those who don't care for bleach. So here's one for you. Brush the grout with baking soda, then spritz the tiles with white vinegar. Let the mixture stand for about half an hour then just wipe clean, no scrubbing necessary.
- A homemade nausea cure. Ginger tea, that's the real spice that most of us have in our kitchen cupboards, of course fresh ginger is best, however using the powdered spice is just fine. A half teaspoon in a cup of hot water sipped as needed, will take care of that nausea.
- Here's one I can testify works. An anti-drug method to clear a stuffy nose. Most of us have used or heard about the "curiously strong" mint called ALTOIDS. Well, what works is chewing two of the mints, and instantly your nose opens, all without the use of an inhaler, and harmless to all, except maybe if used too often, your teeth might suffer a bit.
- Oh, oh here's one that those of us who don't like to take medicine will like. A good sore throat cure. Mix 1/4 cup of vinegar with 1/4 cup of honey, and 1 tablespoon taken six times a day should do the trick.
- Have you ever thought of this one. It appears today more of us have tile floors, than before. When these are wet danger lurks around every corner. If children run through, or even if we walk through before it is completely dry it's an accident waiting to happen. Well, here's what I do, when there is danger of someone walking through, I always have a towel handy, I'll put it down and walk it around the floor until it's dry, especially in the traffic areas.
So, that's it for this session, stay tuned for upcoming sessions. If you haven't kept up with the series, follow the links below to catch up.
Check These Out
- How to Treat Nausea With Home Remedies | eHow.com
How to Treat Nausea With Home Remedies. Pregnancy, chemotherapy treatments, a stomach bug and food poisoning are some conditions that can cause severe nausea. Your stomach also can rebel when you eat foods that don't agree with you, see...
- Cleaning Grout - How to clean grout
Cleaning Grout, How to clean grout without a lot of scrubbing.
- I Never Thought Of That lll
A serene setting As promised in part one of this series, I Never Thought Of That, I would continue this as long as it held my interest, so here's another installment. As you will notice some will be things...
- I Never Thought Of That IV
This means nothing, I just needed a picture for the article. This is the latest installment of what I consider random tips and hints for everyday living. Say, here's one girls, want to keep your...
- I Never Thought Of That
Have you ever said, concerning some simple occurrence, or situation, "I never thought of that?" Well it's in that spirit that I write this hub. As you read you'll see a few of the tidbits, maybe some...
- I Never Thought Of That ll
Nothing special, just a pretty picture! While writing my first hub on the subject of things that I never thought of, I thought what a novel way to share our wealth of knowledge with one another. I've decided...
- I Never Thought Of That VI
Well here's my newest installment of my ideas of helpful, but random tips. Kids and stains sometimes seem synonymous. If you have children stains are inevitable, crayons, grass, food and more. It's not...
- I Never Thought Of That V
Okay here's the newest installment of "I never thought of that." Love your puppy, but hate the wet dog smell, well here's a rainy day cure for dog odor: The next time your dog comes in from the rain,...
More by this Author
Have you ever wondered who your elders are, and what they have to offer? Well read on and see just who they could be and what advice they might have to offer.
"I can never do anything right." Is that how you feel, or, is that what you're always told? Does it seem that every endeavor you attempt, falls far short of it's intended goal?
Do you want to be a contestant on the price is right instead of just being a spectator? By following the suggestions herein you have a better chance of being chosen.