I Never Thought Of That XI....Helpful Hints...Remedy for Shower Curtain Mold
So, as, Jimmy Durante said, "I got a million of em." I'm sure most of you don't know who Jimmy Durante is. He was an American actor, comedian, and pianist of the early 20th century. He would make that statement during his performances after telling a joke. Check him out, Jimmy Durante, Wikipedia. Anyway that really has nothing to do with this hub, except to say "I have a million of 'em," meaning random tips. So here goes my next installment.
Ever Thought Of This
- Hate to go to bed with dirty feet, I do too, and I never do. Here's what I do. I put a few drops of body wash in the bottom of the bathtub, then run a little water to mix it together,(the same feat can be accomplished with bar soap) I stand in the tub and rub my feet together, then step out on a towel. My children actually taught me this one, because I never permitted anyone to go to bed with dirty feet, they developed an easier way which I adopted. I used to perform a long drawn out ritual to wash my feet, but no more. Try it!
- I remember when my husband used to fix things he would inevitably leave a piece or two out and if I questioned him he'd say, "oh that was an extra piece." And it appeared so because the object in question would work for a while, or until it was no longer usable. Well his assessment was not entirely right. So now, I have a really good way to avoid that mistake. Before dismantling an object to make a repair, take a digital photo. In addition, place each part in the correct sequence on a piece of paper in order to remember how to reassemble it.
- Hey, want to stop shower curtain mold for good? Well this sounds good to me, the suggestion is, using a pair of pinking shears, cut about an inch from the bottom of the curtain, thereby preventing water from lingering and forming mold, because of the zigzag pattern, which allows water to run off.
- We already discovered a use for the empty paper towel tubes, but now I've found another one. While getting ready for that all important meeting, or first impression date you discover the slacks that you are about to wear has the dreaded hanger crease, well, what to do, what to do. At this point there's two things that you can do. One, you can take time that you can ill afford, and iron the slacks, or two, you can wear them the way they are, and risk making a bad impression. However, to avoid any of these scenarios in the future you can use the empty hanger tubes. Here's what you do, cut a slit lengthwise in the tube and slip it over the hanger where the pants will hang, and thereafter no more creases. So start your collection now, ask friends, and relative to save them for you, but be sure not to tell them why, or you won't get any.
- Got a few stray eyebrows, and don't have time to tweeze, pull out the lip balm, and rub a little through your brows and you've got instant smooth brows.
- Have you ever over salted your favorite dish? Well for a quick fix peel a small baking potato and drop it into the dish and cook a little longer. The potato absorbs the excess salt.
There you have it. Of course there's more to come, stay tuned.
- I Never Thought Of That VIII
Are you constantly tightening your eyeglass screws? Most of us that wear glasses for any reason can answer in the affirmative, so here's a really good tip. Apply a little clear nail polish to the threads of...
- I Never Thought Of That IX
I've decided to do an all natural cures article for the series. So here goes. One of my all time favorites is the garlic in the ear cure. What that means, is, for an earache I use oil and garlic. ...
- I Never Thought Of That X
Again let's do natural cures! Want to bring a boil to a head naturally, here's how. What about using tomato paste, yes I said tomato paste. Here it is, cover the boil with the paste as you would a...
More by this Author
Candida is a little known and often misdiagnosed condition most of us unknowingly contend with regularly. Unknown to most candida appears in various forms, thrush, athlete's foot and more.
One of our all time favorite comedians, Sinbad.
The English poet Alexander Pope (1688-1744) wrote: " To err is human, forgive divine." Can you take that attitude when it is your time to be forgiving?