Interesting and Fascinating Facts on the Human Body
In this day and age we are living, there is a lot of knowledge we have gained concerning our world and our bodies, thanks to the advancement of science and technology.
Despite the fact science has leaped at great strides that we now know how the parts of of our body work, still a lot remains unknown about the human body. Drugs and vaccines have been developed to cure and prevent development of disease, but how come little is known about the human body such as the brain?
As scientists are working on finding more concerning the human body, below are some interesting facts you may want to be familiar with about the human body.
- A human body produces an average of 1.7 liters of saliva a day.
- The tongue of a human being consists of 10,000 different taste buds. The life span of each is 10 days.
- The only two animals that enjoy sex for gratification are dolphins and humans.
- The average height of an adult’s brain is between 8-10 pounds.
- Babies don’t begin dreaming after they are born. While still in the womb, they are dreaming. Don’t ask me, I’m not sure what kind of dreams they have.
- Did you know the only animals that cry tears are human beings? Not even gorillas come this close!
- If you thought minerals only exist outside the body, you should be aware your body does have some of them: silicon, nickel, zinc, cobalt, copper, phosphates, manganese and calcium.
- Did you know if you didn’t blink in your lifetime, having saved all those blinks, and then decides to blink once, you would experience total darkness for the next 1.2 years?
- It is during sleep the growth hormones are produced by the body.
- 200 muscles are moved when you blink using one eye.
- If you didn’t eat food in a lifetime then decides to eat, you would consume 6,000 pounds.
- There are 625 sweat glands in one square inch of a human’s skin.
- Children are more sensitive to the sense of smell and hearing than adults; well women on the other hand have a better sense in smell and taste than men.
- At the age of 20 years, humans stop growing in height. However, as from the age of 30 years, humans start shrinking in height.
- When babies are born, they have 300 bones. Nonetheless, adults have 260 bones. This is as a result of some of the bones having fused together.
- How many times do the muscles of the eye move every single day? 100,000. That’s quite a feat!
- When you lose one drop of blood from a cut, you should be aware that one drop contains more than 250 million cells.
- There is a reason why it is repeatedly said water is life. A person can live a month without food but not less than a week without water.
- This is because the brain needs water so does the rest of the body. The body consists of 70 percent water and the brain 80%.
- The largest organ of the body is not the brain but the liver. It is also the heaviest weighing at 1.6kg.
- If you have been wondering how many times on average a person blinks, it’s 25 times a minute.
- The average heart beat of a human body is 80 times a minute. In a year it translates to 30 million times in a day it is 100,000 times.
- Did you know if all fat was removed from the body it could make seven bars of soap? In the case of those who are very chubby...well, you can guess...
- The only parts of the body that have more sweat glands than the rest are the palms of your hand and soles of your feet.
- There are over 600 muscles in a human body.
- This is startling: A brain has over 100 billion nerve cells. And, the only time a human’s brain grows 3 times its size is during the first year after birth.
- It is good to smile always because it is a form of exercise. Try always to be smiling for you are exercising 36 muscles.
- Message from the sense of touch is sent to the brain at a speed of 124 miles per hour. That is, astounding!
Amazing Human Facts
- When men blink once it translates to as nearly twice in women.
- Did you know humans have more facial muscles than any other animal? Well, they have 22 facial muscles on each side of the face.
More by this Author
A lot of men are obsessed with women's breasts? Why is this the case? Why are they attracted to women's breasts and would take a long time admiring them? Is there a psychological reason behind this?
There is a need for teachers and parents to identify a slow learner in their families or classes and find ways of helping them to perform well academically than calling them names which are untrue.
The murder of Father Kaiser has never been solved. It was believed he committed suicide but later it was accepted he was murdered. Why was he murdered and who murdered him?
No comments yet.